IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

My thoughts were immediately with Kasper Schmichael. IIRC he was on the scene when the Leicester owner was killed in a helicopter crash, then tonight he was first creating the space for CE, then with his partner. He may be the strongest person I’ve seen.

Absolutely mate. He was fighting back the tears but still thinking of everyone else. Proper hero. 

5 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Oh my god. Cannot believe they are continuing the game. Evidently the players have agreed to carry on. 

Yeah has to have been that- I guess none of us know the reason he collapsed medically, the players must be comfortable to play… surprising but not knowing the details like his teammates do suggests he may not be in any immediate danger

Even if the players requested this they should be protected from themselves. It is admirable and you can’t fault them but there is no reason they can’t start again in a couple days.

Logistically probably a problem but we just watched a man almost die less than 2 hours ago. The Danish players had to hear the medical personnel frantically(I’d be frantic) trying to save their mate’s life. There is no shame in taking some time and talking to anyone and process what has just happened. 

I was in no way involved and I don’t feel like doing anything let alone playing another hour of football. 

Whatever we feel about the match being restarted the facts of that will come out in due course. What must be noted is the prompt, proficient and skilled behaviour of all the medical staff involved, both at the ground and in the local hospital. They without doubt saved his life today.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

For some inexplicable reason England also always has some non English person involved, in the past Lawrenson, Townsend, Giggs (where is he at present?) or Roy Keane.

The panel for Wales & those sent to this tournament (I bet Jason Mohammed is there) has probably halved unemployment over the bridge..

Giggs is in trouble with the law, hence why he’s not managing Wales 

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

What a magnificent stand taken by the Danish team too. Surrounding him and seeing it happen infront of them. Must’ve been horrific for them to stand there and witness it. Very strong character 

Not that it stopped the cameras here in Spain zooming in on his face and then playing replays of the moment he went down. At a time it looked like he might not pull through. Disgusting! They love a good drama here but thought they might have some limits.

Great too hear he's awake

3 minutes ago, magunn said:

Whatever we feel about the match being restarted the facts of that will come out in due course. What must be noted is the prompt, proficient and skilled behaviour of all the medical staff involved, both at the ground and in the local hospital. They without doubt saved his life today.

Yep and I didn’t see it but apparently Kjaer got Eriksen in the correct position and cleared his airway before the medical team could run across the pitch. I wouldn’t have known what to do but it seems like something everyone should know.

To see images of CPR and defibrillator and 10 minutes later Eriksen being stretchered off conscious makes you really appreciate the medical profession. They do this everyday and making a real difference in the world. If any of you are here, keep up the great work. 

I'm staggered they're finishing the game tonight. I understand the statement that the players are onside and may have requested, but are they really in the right state of mind. 

Not remotely in the same league, and these are professionals, but many years ago when playing for the school a game was stopped when the opposition winger in trying to go round me put his foot into soft ground (it was January) and snapped his ankle. Being closest I heard the sickening crack and immediately shouted for assistance. Although the lads fate was not my fault I'm not afraid to admit I was in bits and didn't play again for weeks. Thankfully he did make a full recovery and played again.

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep and I didn’t see it but apparently Kjaer got Eriksen in the correct position and cleared his airway before the medical team could run across the pitch. I wouldn’t have known what to do but it seems like something everyone should know.

To see images of CPR and defibrillator and 10 minutes later Eriksen being stretchered off conscious makes you really appreciate the medical profession. They do this everyday and making a real difference in the world. If any of you are here, keep up the great work. 

Showed what a captain is. Amazing.  

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm staggered they're finishing the game tonight. I understand the statement that the players are onside and may have requested, but are they really in the right state of mind. 

Not remotely in the same league, and these are professionals, but many years ago when playing for the school a game was stopped when the opposition winger in trying to go round me put his foot into soft ground (it was January) and snapped his ankle. Being closest I heard the sickening crack and immediately shouted for assistance. Although the lads fate was not my fault I'm not afraid to admit I was in bits and didn't play again for weeks. Thankfully he did make a full recovery and played again.

Hearing that snap Royston must have been traumatising so no wonder you took a back seat for some weeks. In fact you probably still hear it.

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

No way are all the players onside with this. Would be a weird coincidence. Pressured to play for sure 

Archived