IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

7 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

No, I think if ever a game was destined to be a draw, this is it.

No point restarting it with that frame of mind... They got a rallying call from Christian.. that is strength of character we should all admire. Denmark are currently not playing for anything other than a win and it's dedicated to Christian

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No way are all the players onside with this. Would be a weird coincidence. Pressured to play for sure 

Could it be a ‘he would have wanted us to play’ situation? I was surprised too though

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Appropriately started by the Finn's.

That is indeed a beautiful moment in football.

So many people just don`t get it. The ones that think it`s just 22 overpaid wasters kicking a bag of wind around but it is so much more than that.

A wise man once said if you have to explain it to someone they will never understand - those who do understand will never need an explanation.

11 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Hearing that snap Royston must have been traumatising so no wonder you took a back seat for some weeks. In fact you probably still hear it.

You're not wrong. It was less than a week since I witnessed my first broken leg when Jerry Sharpe was unfortunately caught by Eric McMordie. 

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

1-0 Finland. Was Kaspar`s head in the right place? He doesn`t let those in as a rule.

Definitely, watching with interest now just because it's bizarre seeing how they get on after living such an extreme situation a few hours ago. Was always going to be a tame 2nd half because it's hard to think about being competitive I guess.

Was thinking Pukki would get the Finns first competition goal but I don't think it will matter much anymore after Eriksen, at least not today anyway.

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not seen it yet, was waiting till HT when this one finishes and I turn over. What happened?

Offside position but defender attempting to play the ball fumbled and went through to Lukaku to score

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Offside position but defender attempting to play the ball fumbled and went through to Lukaku to score

Is it maybe because without it you can't block back passes etc? Eg team have pushed all players up high (including the def) and play ball all the way back to keeper. No opposition player could be near GK so would take ages to chase him down etc - could lead to lots of time wasting. 

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Bit like Moore misheading the ball and it going to an opponent in an offside position who promptly scored!

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Finland’s first win in a major tournament but it will totally go under the radar 

They were outstanding.

Obviously a very subdued game & atmosphere but their game plan was brilliantly executed & they defended heroically.

Archived