IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

People didn’t want to see Trippier or Mings start, both brilliant. Said Rice and Phillips starting was too negative, one got the assist. Wanted grealish over Sterling. Sterling gets the winner. Oh dear ?

People will always have opinions though, nothing wrong with that. That's the beauty of it, not necessarily something to laugh at.

Would you have chosen today's team if it was up to you pre-kickoff?

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Edged mings to it for me, thought most had a great game, Mount went missing and walker was poor on the balls but still solid

Yes, agree. For all that Walker was sometimes frustrating on the ball, defensively he did everything required, and importantly so on a couple of occasions. 

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

People didn’t want to see Trippier or Mings start, both brilliant. Said Rice and Phillips starting was too negative, one got the assist. Wanted grealish over Sterling. Sterling gets the winner. Oh dear ?

I think it was a push to say either was brilliant to be fair. 

Sterling may have scored the winner but was by and large quite wasteful. 

It’s all very easy to make posts like this after we win Pete, but there’s nothing wrong with wanting the best from our country and I’m convinced that wasn’t the best we have to offer. 

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People will always have opinions though, nothing wrong with that. That's the beauty of it, not necessarily something to laugh at.

Would you have chosen today's team if it was up to you pre-kickoff?

I would’ve gone Chilwell at LB but the rest the same tbf. As I said before, Trippier had a good game at LB the other day so Wasn’t as life ending as it was made out. Not laughing at it - but it is funny. there was a huge majority of England fans saying Southgate was a fraud, ruining our chances bla bla bla and he got it spot on and won us the game. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s all very easy to make posts like this after we win Pete, but there’s nothing wrong with wanting the best from our country and I’m convinced that wasn’t the best we have to offer. 

Saving it up, Fordy, saving it up!

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s game one mate. If the tournament was knock outs from day one I’d understand it but does it really matter if Grealish/Sancho whoever don’t start game one and then start the rest? It was like the world had ended when that team came out 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Mings was, he won everything that went into his, didn't waste possession and cleverly pulled out of a challenge that would of resulted in a penalty,

In short mings was outstanding

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I'd like to think Southgate will be pragmatic and use a bit of rotation where necessary. I was impressed by Sterling today, it's clear what his role is - he's there to offer pace and stretch the defence. He panicked the Croatia defence every time he got the ball or made a run. 

Against Scotland for example, which will probably be quite a niggly game, he may want to use Grealish more to win freekicks. 

Lots of positives today though. Very professional performance. 

Just now, petehinton said:

I would’ve gone Chilwell at LB but the rest the same tbf. As I said before, Trippier had a good game at LB the other day so Wasn’t as life ending as it was made out. Not laughing at it - but it is funny. there was a huge majority of England fans saying Southgate was a fraud, ruining our chances bla bla bla and he got it spot on and won us the game. 

I think it's easy to aftertime on these things but everyone will have an opinion on the England squad and a bit pointless to poke fun at people for having an opinion after a win. It would be boring if we all wanted the same 11 and just agreed with the management. There's also nothing to say that had we played (say) Grealish and Chilwell over Sterling and Trippier that we wouldn't have played better and won by a greater margin.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I'd like to think Southgate will be pragmatic and use a bit of rotation where necessary. I was impressed by Sterling today, it's clear what his role is - he's there to offer pace and stretch the defence. He panicked the Croatia defence every time he got the ball or made a run. 

Against Scotland for example, which will probably be quite a niggly game, he may want to use Grealish more to win freekicks. 

Lots of positives today though. Very professional performance. 

I think it's easy to aftertime on these things but everyone will have an opinion on the England squad and a bit pointless to poke fun at people for having an opinion after a win. It would be boring if we all wanted the same 11 and just agreed with the management. There's also nothing to say that had we played (say) Grealish and Chilwell over Sterling and Trippier that we wouldn't have played better and won by a greater margin.

Again - not poking fun at individuals, just saying the overreaction was very strange and unnecessary 

Just now, italian dave said:

Just watched Tyrone Mings being interviewed by BBC. What a lovely guy. So pleased to be there, so honest and natural. Didn’t know if it was a typical international championship performance because he’s never been in one before! 

As was Kalvin Phillips. A breath of fresh air - he was like a kid in a sweetshop.

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Thats why managers are managers

and fans are just fans

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Again - not poking fun at individuals, just saying the overreaction was very strange and unnecessary 

Was it strange though? A RB playing LB when we have two natural LBs in good form and leaving out a popular choice in Grealish. I don't think there was an 'overreaction' as such, just people discussing the team. There's always going to be a fair bit of hyperbole on here/twitter - you have to take things with a pinch of salt.

After seeing that team I can see why people were a bit baffled by the selection. Great that we got the job done though. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Was it strange though? A RB playing LB when we have two natural LBs in good form and leaving out a popular choice in Grealish. I don't think there was an 'overreaction' as such, just people discussing the team. There's always going to be a fair bit of hyperbole on here/twitter - you have to take things with a pinch of salt.

After seeing that team I can see why people were a bit baffled by the selection. Great that we got the job done though. 

I mean this kinda stuff. The gameplay was clear to clip balls in behind for runners - exactly what Sterling is. Grealish and Sancho better ball to feet. It’s a huge squad, will need different set ups for different games, hopefully a long tournament so need to have a look at everyone ??

873A6802-242F-4297-B44D-A4618DD93B1A.png

D8274286-6ED0-403B-879D-591514DF6DC0.jpeg

3CBA3ABB-0F18-4303-A795-69061DA8989A.jpeg

4B77615C-C2B5-4727-8EF0-00A15BF3C5C4.jpeg

Archived