IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

52 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Oh, come on….judged guilty despite no convincing evidence, and then condemned as a bad ‘un for ever after. Where on earth does that come from?? ????

Did you see the state of the bloke after Mings accidentally stood on his face? Good job he didn’t do it on purpose!

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Reminded me of Frank Fielding. Aside from that his handling was good and didn't have to make any difficult saves due to a solid back four. 

My concern was when we played the ball along the back line to Trippier. Better sides will press once he takes the ball back onto his right foot.

That was a decent win capped by the superb Kalvin Phillips. Knows how to break up play, shoot and deliver a killer pass.

Our first ever opening game win at a Euro Finals.

Lovely.

Yeah this was like a first look for me at some of these guys. Phillips is one of those guys every good team needs but he's apparently added more forward thinking to his game. Shame we couldn't get Foden involved more and I thought our best passage of play was when he came and overloaded the other side.. Maybe through frustration.. Also really like the look of Bellingham.. He's going to be awesome for us.. Maybe this tournament or the next

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

??????

I think that should be taken as a given though. Obviously the coaches and management are technically more 'qualified' than fans, but it doesn't mean fans can't have an opinion otherwise what's the point. There will be many times when coaches and managers get things wrong and fans should be able to debate and discuss anything they want about the sport. They pay enough money via tickets, merchandise or tv subscriptions to be able to have an opinion. 

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It had to be played some time, they made the best choice. Your wording in other posts suggests outside pressure which has shown not to be the case.

Denmark's Euro 2020 match against Finland should not have restarted after midfielder Christian Eriksen collapsed mid-game, coach Kasper Hjulmand says.

"No, we should not have played," Hjulmand said on Sunday.  “Players have different reactions to shocks and trauma but we'll try to get back to normal as much as possible. I get the feelings from the players that maybe the time is too short to try to play football again, but maybe we can use it as a force to get together and try to go out and do our best in the next match."

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think that should be taken as a given though. Obviously the coaches and management are technically more 'qualified' than fans, but it doesn't mean fans can't have an opinion otherwise what's the point. There will be many times when coaches and managers get things wrong and fans should be able to debate and discuss anything they want about the sport. They pay enough money via tickets, merchandise or tv subscriptions to be able to have an opinion. 

Exactly right.....

Can someone please give explain why two goal keepers were named on the bench rather than one of the two really good players that were left out? 

Secondly, today was decent but I feel some are hyping it more than it was ( especially the BBC) . It was a start, nothing more. Improvement definitely needed, although we never really looked like conceding.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Exactly right.....

Can someone please give explain why two goal keepers were named on the bench rather than one of the two really good players that were left out? 

Secondly, today was decent but I feel some are hyping it more than it was ( especially the BBC) . It was a start, nothing more. Improvement definitely needed, although we never really looked like conceding.

UEFA stipulate 2 keepers must be named on the bench I think 

I thought we played really well against a very good side.

There’s definitely a bit of snobbery about it ‘only’ being Croatia and not Germany or whoever - even if subconscious - but that lot are a strong team.

It was just very controlled from us and in that sort of heat too. And we had really good possession against a team that passed us off the park three years ago.

The middle three - Rice, Phillips and Mount - was the key but for me and it’ll be interesting to see how that develops as the games go on. I don’t see Phillips getting that much freedom to bomb forward again, it was a superb tactical move to play him in the role he did.

Can’t really have too many complaints.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Absolutely.  Opinion is fine, it’s the over-reaction, the instant “he’s not got a clue”, “we’ve lost this” that gets me.  Often before the reason for certain selections are explained.

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

UEFA stipulate 2 keepers must be named on the bench I think 

Correct, and even if you don’t name a 2nd keeper on the bench you must stipulate an outfield player to that position I read somewhere.

48 minutes ago, TomF said:

How the hell did they manage that.. surely barriers are to a spec to stop such an occurrence

Well you can make things as safe as you can, but you can't legislate for some people who want to join the Darwin awards hall of fame.  You have to assume its is someone being a dick, if not Wembley surely will lose its safety certificate!

I will get my apologies in early if it was not someone being a dick.

Archived