IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The Dutch are relentless, one of these has to go in in a minute surely?

0-0 at half time. The Dutch certainly look the much more likely and should be ahead, but Ukraine break fast and it would not be a shock if they score. Most ‘fun’ 45 minutes to watch so far of these Euros for me.

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

0-0 at half time. The Dutch certainly look the much more likely and should be ahead, but Ukraine break fast and it would not be a shock if they score. Most ‘fun’ 45 minutes to watch so far of these Euros for me.

Without doubt, great for a 0-0, defences for both sides look very poor.  Great neutral match

1 hour ago, TomF said:

How the hell did they manage that.. surely barriers are to a spec to stop such an occurrence

Exactly what I was saying surely around the edge but not just barriers, Part of the health and safety test when the stadium was past fit for fans to use after it was built.? 

Solid start by England. You want to gain momentum as tournament goes on so lots of room for improvement which is fine. Phillips very good. Croatia obviously not what they were but they created nothing and England were comfortable.

From personal point of view I had my group tickets taken off me so I’m finding it hard to get too excited but hopefully when knockout stuff comes I’ll feel better about it.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Commentator re some 3rd placed teams qualifying might mean “play for a draw”.  Imho, one win is likely to give you a real chance of progressing.

Should be expected against North Macadonia mind 

Great comeback from nowhere only to lose it a second time. Feel a bit for their keeper but they still have a good chance of going through. Dutch look pretty average on that display, can't see them getting that far. Yarmalenko early contender for goal of the season, nothing else he did game off really but when he got it right it was very special.

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Commentator re some 3rd placed teams qualifying might mean “play for a draw”.  Imho, one win is likely to give you a real chance of progressing.

In England’s case you have the bizzare situation that finishing 1st means they play a 2nd place team out of a group containing France, Germany, Portugal and Hungry. Finishing 2nd they potentially get a much easier last 16 tie.. 

Thought we were not bad today. Would still like to see Grealish amongst others as the tournament progresses but a solid win vs a good side.

Fairly fast start, but Croatia did grow into it and though we had quite a bit more of the ball first half, they seemed to level it up, bit surprised to see stats showing same number of chances but I don't recall them having all that many.

Our midfield though, fine, vs a strong trio for them, lack of defensive worries too given concerns prior to tournament about defence, first opening win at a Euros too I believe!

Good start and plenty of room for growth. Just think of those we have in reserve too ie who didn't start today!

Chilwell, Grealish, Sancho to name 3. Nice to see Bellingham get a start as well, think they said he was youngest ever at European Championship.

Holland vs Ukraine was fun, good open game. Best of the tournament so far? Holland seem like they can be got at, definitely declined post Koeman IMO. They were very good for a couple of years under Van Gaal too but then at that time with to name a few, Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie, Van Der Vaart, Strootman I suppose that's a bit easier to do! (Though the last 2 missed WC 2014 through injury).

25 minutes ago, TomF said:

In England’s case you have the bizzare situation that finishing 1st means they play a 2nd place team out of a group containing France, Germany, Portugal and Hungry. Finishing 2nd they potentially get a much easier last 16 tie.. 

finishing top means playing at Wembley in the r16 game though which is an enormous boost

Archived