IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Probably no worse than coverage of an England match, we just don't notice it so much then!

Just me who finds it cringe how we always go back to talking about Euro 96? Seems to have got worse the last 2 Tournaments.

9 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Ok I'm gonna tempt fate here, but I will be AMAZED if England cannot beat either of these sides in the remaining 2 games

I reckon Scotland will perform better vs us than they are here at the moment, they will be so fired up I imagine. 

To beat us at Wembley will be their highlight for years and years. 

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I reckon Scotland will perform better vs us than they are here at the moment, they will be so fired up I imagine

They were in 2016 - then they lost 3-0. I expect our own players to be fired up too

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Just me who finds it cringe how we always go back to talking about Euro 96? Seems to have got worse the last 2 Tournaments.

One good game v Holland.

If we were decent in any way, we with would have romped that tournament.

2002 World Cup was the biggest missed opportunity, I don’t think you’ll find a poorer overall standard of teams in modern history. Complete balls up

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

One good game v Holland.

2002 World Cup was the biggest missed opportunity, I don’t think you’ll find a poorer overall standard of teams in Nederland history. Complete balls up

Euro 2004 for me. The squad was better in 2004 than 2002. Rooney went off injured early on vs Portugal, we were not the same team from then on in that match

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Euro 2004 for me. The squad was better in 2004 than 2002. Rooney went off injured early on vs Portugal, we were not the same team from then on in that match

Both to be fair.

Germans wouldn’t have let opportunities like those slip.

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

2002 World Cup was the biggest missed opportunity, I don’t think you’ll find a poorer overall standard of teams in modern history. Complete balls up

Yeah that was the year we really could have won it. Brazil were better than us, but not by much and there was no other real competition at all. If we had snuck past Brazil......?

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

One good game v Holland.

04' was for me. Saying that all of the 02, 04 and 06 squads were pretty strong.

I think this is the best squad we've had since 06. 

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Both to be fair.

Germans wouldn’t have let opportunities like those slip.

And infact they went 1 further and made the final in 2002. People say they went through a bad patch but they still had Ballack, Kahn, Klose, Bierhoff and Scholl who were top players.

14 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I reckon Scotland will perform better vs us than they are here at the moment, they will be so fired up I imagine. 

To beat us at Wembley will be their highlight for years and years. 

Indeed. They will be fired up like you wouldn’t believe on Friday.. we need to go into the game with a cool head and let our football do the talking, aslong as we can weather the inevitable physical storm they will throw at us then we should wipe the floor with them once we get our football going.

Archived