IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

04' was for me. Saying that all of the 02, 04 and 06 squads were pretty strong.

I think this is the best squad we've had since 06. 

Agree with all of that, the 2004 team actually played as a team and Rooney was almost unstoppable. If he hadn't got injured in that Portugal QF I'm 90% sure we would have won that tournament.

Two years later the "golden generation" was beginning to wane and Rooney went in to that World Cup injured and we've never really competed until 2018.

It's not going great for the Scots then ? Lots of long balls when not playing it through Andy Robertson and only a couple of half chances to show for it. Personally I was a bit nervy when Kalas had to defend against Christie and Dykes but Scotland have struggled big time to get the ball to them in good positions. Czech Republics forward players look a bit more composed on the ball when they do get it forward.

Just now, swanker said:

Don’t know why they didn’t start with Che Adams, I’ve always been impressed whenever I’ve watched him. 

Yeah I thought that too, he's a tricky player and certainly better than Dykes.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'm probably tempting fate but I like the refereeing so far in this tournament. They're letting a lot of stuff go and seem reluctant to give anything for players simply losing physical battles and dropping to the deck.

The ref in the England/Croatia game was excellent, didn't buy a single dive.  No wonder we left Greelish on the bench..

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Thanks for confirming. Good to see that there was no outside pressure, even if it was felt by some that the players made the wrong decision.

There was pressure

Martin Braithwaite has said:

“We had two choices from UEFA, to go out and play the match immediately or play the next day at noon," he said during a press conference on Monday. "None of those choices were good. We took the lesser of two evils to finish the match. Many of the players were not in a condition to play this match. We were in a different space. 

"It was not our wish. Those were the only options we had. We had two options and in that situation were told we had to make a decision. That is all I can say on that. 

"Had we wished there was a third option because you don't want to go and play football in that way, but UEFA says we had two options -- play immediately or the following day at noon. Those were the options we had."

47 minutes ago, pillred said:

Sorry it's daily mail? do tell us what straight as a die always truthful paper you read? I'm sick of snide comments about papers like the Sun Express or Mail from posters on here as if reading other papers (that will remain nameless) somehow gives them the moral high ground.

Well firstly, the site is absolutely riddled with ads and not sure about others but they detect my ad blocker.

Secondly, I personally don't particularly like their gossip section picking flaws in people's appearences or how they've "let themselves go" etc. DM from what I've seen tend to be one of the worst sites for that, especially with their often poisonous comments section.

Lastly, I don't tend to read newspapers. I dont proclaim that any of them are the best.

43 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Just me who finds it cringe how we always go back to talking about Euro 96? Seems to have got worse the last 2 Tournaments.

Not much to talk about in the time since ?

40 minutes ago, 2015 said:

They were in 2016 - then they lost 3-0. I expect our own players to be fired up too

2017 they probably should have won.

We should have too much for both of these teams but its not a disaster if Scotland scrape a draw, though would be disappointing.

Kalas almost scoring... an own goal!

Archived