IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Spain - bore off

They were toothless against a well drilled Swedish team. Lacked any creativity despite dominating the stats with 85% possession - just goes to show how meaningless possession says are.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They were toothless against a well drilled Swedish team. Lacked any creativity despite dominating the stats with 85% possession - just goes to show how meaningless possession says are.

Yep, they were crap and even worse was the Danny Murphy commentary.

In a way I prefer to watch a 0-0 with Spain because if they were 1 or 2 goals up I would find watching them play keep ball even more boring. Definitely should have seen a goal or 2 in that game for both sides so not like there weren't moments. Thought it was a joke when they were talking about Isak like the next Ibrahimovic but I wasn't by the end, only watched clips of young Zlatan but ridiculous skill levels on both of them!

Not read the whole post, so I expect this might have been mentioned before. Did anyone else have a problem watching the England game, where the nearside of the pitch and any players there were almost invisible due to the shadow? Expecting a whoosh any minute now.

7 hours ago, Redstart said:

First clean sheet that Kalas has enjoyed for quite a while. 

And it so almost wasn't!

Liked the fact that because Kalas was getting mentioned so often so was Bristol City (although not as many times as there would be  if JP  was commentating)

49 minutes ago, Rich said:

Not read the whole post, so I expect this might have been mentioned before. Did anyone else have a problem watching the England game, where the nearside of the pitch and any players there were almost invisible due to the shadow? Expecting a whoosh any minute now.

Thought the same, I commented at the time it was like watching it while sat in a cave looking out thought they could have set the cameras up on the other side of the pitch.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Spain.....so boring their paint watches them dry.

10 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Praising Sweden for resilience, courage, defending, determination etc - all the basics they should be doing anyway.

Sorry to say but that was like watching paint dry. Spain only put the hurry up on their weight of passes when they were running out of time.

I think you're underplaying how hard that is to do at intensity for 90 minutes. Not pretty to watch but it's also far from easy, the concentration and focus required will be just as tiring as the physical movements. 

10 hours ago, Rich said:

131390625_2012208805621917_6588599090394

10 hours ago, Rich said:

9 hours ago, pillred said:

Thought the same, I commented at the time it was like watching it while sat in a cave looking out thought they could have set the cameras up on the other side of the pitch.

Wembley not designed for 2pm kick offs?

30 minutes ago, grifty said:

What should the BBC have done? Got a few people with a big bed sheet to go and hold it over the roof so the rest of the pitch was in shadow?

Yes and get the over 75's to pay for it.

Goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale has been called up to England's Euro 2020 squad to replace injured Dean Henderson.

Manchester United keeper Henderson has withdrawn from the tournament with a hip issue that would "continue to limit his involvement in training".

He will return to his club for further assessment and treatment.

Sheffield United's Ramsdale has no senior England caps but was part of Gareth Southgate's provisional 33-man squad before the tournament.

20 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

Goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale has been called up to England's Euro 2020 squad to replace injured Dean Henderson.

Manchester United keeper Henderson has withdrawn from the tournament with a hip issue that would "continue to limit his involvement in training".

He will return to his club for further assessment and treatment.

Sheffield United's Ramsdale has no senior England caps but was part of Gareth Southgate's provisional 33-man squad before the tournament.

I didn't think you could replace players now?

15 minutes ago, Super said:

I didn't think you could replace players now?

Outfield players you can't, however Goalkeepers are permitted 

Under UEFA regulations for Euro 2020, teams are permitted to replace goalkeepers on medical grounds throughout the tournament.

15 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Praising Sweden for resilience, courage, defending, determination etc - all the basics they should be doing anyway.

Sorry to say but that was like watching paint dry. Spain only put the hurry up on their weight of passes when they were running out of time.

In fairness to Spain it's hard playing against such a defensive team. Sweden stink the place out every tournament, Sooner they get knocked out the better.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness to Spain it's hard playing against such a defensive team. Sweden stink the place out every tournament, Sooner they get knocked out the better.

Doubt that will be the attitude if England fail to beat Scotland on Friday. Expect them to sit in as well.

Wonder where the poster who fawns over all things Spanish has got to....?!!

16 minutes ago, Super said:

They are like an International version of Stoke under Pulis ever since Larsson/Zlatan/Ljungberg haven't been around, even then they were never easy on the eye.

Aside from the Women that support them in the stands 

14 hours ago, Rich said:

image?locale=en-us&mode=crop&purposes=Bo

Alec Baldwin’s magical powers?

2 hours ago, Super said:

And yet England made incredibly light work of them in the World Cup and everyone said "its only Sweden"

Archived