IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

36 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

To be fair, hes worth nearly a billion, one of the worlds most recognisable people, a fantastic athlete and one of the greatest footballers ever, id come across as a bit arrogant if that was me!

Doesn't guarantee him a shot on target.

22 minutes ago, lenred said:

He’s playing against the European champions not Rotherham or Wycombe to be fair! Think he’s done ok so far.  

Doesn’t matter who they’re playing. If he’s offering no passing angles then they’ll end up hitting long. 

Just now, Harry said:

Doesn’t matter who they’re playing. If he’s offering no passing angles then they’ll end up hitting long. 

Disagree it makes no difference. He has a lot more to think about when playing against far superior opposition so can’t just be thinking about angles. He’s just stopped a really really good attacking opportunity with a cracking tackle on Fernandes.  Think he’s having a good game considering the circumstances. All opinions though.  

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

Disagree it makes no difference. He has a lot more to think about when playing against far superior opposition so can’t just be thinking about angles. He’s just stopped a really really good attacking opportunity with a cracking tackle on Fernandes.  Think he’s having a good game considering the circumstances. All opinions though.  

I’m not saying he’s having a bad game. I said in my initial post that he was putting in tackles and blocks. Which was always gonna be a massive part of the game against such superior opposition. 
I’m simply saying that as a DM, you’d ideally want him to be making himself available for a pass off his centre backs occasionally, to try to help his team keep the ball for more than 5 seconds. 
I see it as very reminiscent of our own failings - no passing options, hit it long, lose it, defense under pressure again, rinse, repeat. 

Archived