IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Yes, agree. But I have a sneaky feeling that Johnson won’t want to lose the political opportunity that having the final here presents.

As someone whose been, and still is, prevented from travelling by those rules I’ll be fuming if he exempts them all. But then I fume at most things he does ?

It'll get waived for them all - I have no doubt about it.  He'll offset the anger by bringing forward 'freedom day' to a date in and around the day of the final.  The hullabaloo will get lost in the excitement for everybody to get shitefaced.

I'm fully confident we'll beat Scotland tonight, but just had this chat with mates and we're curious to see the scenes/banter if Scotland pull a result against us. I could see their fans going absolutely bananas, and I kinda wanna see it but we'll never hear the end of it. Kinda reminds me of some of the United fans when we beat them at the Gate, some were happy to see us happy and the celebrations etc... 

I quite enjoyed seeing the Scottish fan reactions videos during that 2-2 draw at Hampden. 

Anyone else feel like this? 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Yes, agree. But I have a sneaky feeling that Johnson won’t want to lose the political opportunity that having the final here presents.

As someone whose been, and still is, prevented from travelling by those rules I’ll be fuming if he exempts them all. But then I fume at most things he does ?

58 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

It'll get waived for them all - I have no doubt about it.  He'll offset the anger by bringing forward 'freedom day' to a date in and around the day of the final.  The hullabaloo will get lost in the excitement for everybody to get shitefaced.

They’ll probably relax the travel rules that week, loads of people will then book holidays to Europe, and then they’ll red list them again once the game is over!! 

8 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I'm fully confident we'll beat Scotland tonight, but just had this chat with mates and we're curious to see the scenes/banter if Scotland pull a result against us. I could see their fans going absolutely bananas, and I kinda wanna see it but we'll never hear the end of it. Kinda reminds me of some of the United fans when we beat them at the Gate, some were happy to see us happy and the celebrations etc... 

I quite enjoyed seeing the Scottish fan reactions videos during that 2-2 draw at Hampden. 

I was in Wembley for the famous 1-2 defeat to the Jocks in 1977.

Surrounded by drunken Scots, but my disappointment with England was lessened by the good-humoured exuberance around me. It really was their World Cup final. A refreshed Glaswegian gent shook my hand: "Hard lines, son. Ye hud nae luck at all!"

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Are Scotland out if they lose tonight?

Depends on the Croatia vs Czech result. If they both lose tonight, Scotland could still get third after their last game if they get a result vs Croatia and not have terrible GD ?

4 minutes ago, Super said:

This format is a bit of a joke. 

Yeah feels a bit silly, it's like they've given some big teams a safety net. I guess the idea was to give weaker teams a better fighting chance. Imagine group F (Germany, Portugal, France) where only the top two teams go through, would've made it waaaay more spicey.

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

They’ll probably relax the travel rules that week, loads of people will then book holidays to Europe, and then they’ll red list them again once the game is over!! 

I was about to choose the 'laugh' emoji - but actually wouldn't put it past them! They'll come up with some explanation/excuse/reason, that's for sure. 

43 minutes ago, Sturny said:

No.

I thought I was quite ambivalent about their prospects. However I found myself cheering / fist pumping when the Czech’s scored. Probably not the only one.

If the the Czechs beat Croatia (very possible scenario) and we beat the Scots, both teams will have 6 points. The prize for finishing first is the knockout game with Portugal in all likelihood, or the Germans, while the prize for finishing second is probably Slovakia or Sweden.

But then you’d be looking at an R16 game in Copenhagen rather than Wembley and in all likelihood France in the QFs.

4 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

For anyone wanting to put a bet on tonight’s game. Sky bet are giving out a free £5 bet if you bet on the game.

Placed my bet on Scotland winning just to help ease the pain should they win.

90th minute Scottish equaliser incoming just to make it worse for you 

I think the result tonight on how the Scot's play it. If they go all "spirit of Bannockburn" and try to play it like a prem game, I think England will win by 3 or 4 goals. If they are sensible and play it cagey, they may have a chance to pick us off on the break, I still see an England win though.

Just now, grifty said:

Sweden V Slovakia is 100% a radio commentary, they are explaining outswinging balls and where players are on the pitch with the ball.

I didn't wanna say it, but I'm gonna, the commentator on BBC is absolutely dreadful, I can't listen to the screeching every 5 minutes

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

Sweden V Slovakia is 100% a radio commentary, they are explaining outswinging balls and where players are on the pitch with the ball.

Are you sure you've not clicked the red button by mistake, as I've heard none of that. In fact the last whole minute they haven't mentioned a single thing happening on the pitch 

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Are you sure you've not clicked the red button by mistake, as I've heard none of that. In fact the last whole minute they haven't mentioned a single thing happening on the pitch 

I'm on iPlayer. It's some guy and Clinton Morrison. Who have you got?

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Yeah you actually do have the radio commentary by the sounds of it! I have a young lady and what sounds like Danny Murphy.

Strangely though, I am also on the iPlayer.

Yeah, mine says "Build-up and live coverage of Sweden v Slovakia in Euro 2020 with 5 Live commentary"

Ah, gone back out and found the non-5 Live version so now got the lady and not constant explaining where players are!

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Its Vicki Sparks and Danny Murphy on BBC1 - it comes to something when their tones are preferable to Tyldeseley and McCoist

It’s Robyn Cowen, who I find incredibly grating, not Vicki Sparks. Normally BBC coverage is orders of magnitude better than ITV but the commentary line up of late is horrendous. 

Archived