IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

But didn’t they move the CL final from the country where both teams come from to another one? That didn’t minimise travel?

No they moved it from turkey - initially tried to move to England but it was a non starter because of the officials issue. So it went to Portugal, one of the few places fans were allowed to travel to and would let the officials in

33 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

No they moved it from turkey - initially tried to move to England but it was a non starter because of the officials issue. So it went to Portugal, one of the few places fans were allowed to travel to and would let the officials in

Ah, thanks - I had it in my mind that they'd got as far as moving it to Wembley then moved it again! 

Your point about people having tickets is a good one - although that never seems to stop the authorities moving domestic games at the last minute, usually at the behest of Sky.

43 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s Robyn Cowen, who I find incredibly grating, not Vicki Sparks. Normally BBC coverage is orders of magnitude better than ITV but the commentary line up of late is horrendous. 

Well since you mention Murphy I was going to ask a general opinion on the guy. My view is that he sends me to sleep very quickly. 

As for Robyn Cowen, I fall asleep before I have even woken up.

They fit this incredibly lacklustre match, so far, remarkably well as it happens. Sound off and a bit of ELO. arhhhh.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Well since you mention Murphy I was going to ask a general opinion on the guy. My view is that he sends me to sleep very quickly. 

As for Robyn Cowen, I fall asleep before I have even woken up.

They fit this incredibly lacklustre match, so far, remarkably well as it happens. Sound off and a bit of ELO. arhhhh.

I generally don’t mind Murphy’s co-commentary but he was pissing me off during the Spain game. Moaning about how Spain were playing despite the fact they were dominating the match and Sweden has basically just parked the bus in front of there goal

Just now, Show Me The Money! said:

I generally don’t mind Murphy’s co-commentary but he was pissing me off during the Spain game. Moaning about how Spain were playing despite the fact they were dominating the match and Sweden has basically just parked the bus in front of there goal

I think you may have slightly contradicted your own opinion there, if I may be so bold. You don't mind him yet he really talks 'autopilot' nonsense regardless of how the team are playing. in other words, he talks in generalisations and sound bites. Bores me to tears anyway!

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

I think you may have slightly contradicted your own opinion there, if I may be so bold. You don't mind him yet he really talks 'autopilot' nonsense regardless of how the team are playing. in other words, he talks in generalisations and sound bites. Bores me to tears anyway!

Or he has had a bad holiday in Spain once and holds a grudge 

1 minute ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Totally agree, other than Ibrahimovic and Henrik Larsson in the past they are boring as hell to watch.

Always want to see there negativity just get thrashed 

Isn't their manager the same they have had for years? Always solid at the back, hard to break down, but indeed very boring to watch.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

They’ll probably relax the travel rules that week, loads of people will then book holidays to Europe, and then they’ll red list them again once the game is over!! 

Here we go......Johnson is now saying that "sensible accommodations" can be made to allow not only UEFA officials, but also sponsors, VIPs, foreign politicians and - get this - fans of the sides in the final to avoid the UK quarantine rules. 

Well **** you and your rules Johnson if that goes ahead. As someone who has respected the travel and quarantine rules despite being desperate to travel (and not just for a holiday - as I've said elsewhere) that feels like a kick in the teeth right up there with Cummings' Durham trip last year. 

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Here we go......Johnson is now saying that "sensible accommodations" can be made to allow not only UEFA officials, but also sponsors, VIPs, foreign politicians and - get this - fans of the sides in the final to avoid the UK quarantine rules. 

Well **** you and your rules Johnson if that goes ahead. As someone who has respected the travel and quarantine rules despite being desperate to travel (and not just for a holiday - as I've said elsewhere) that feels like a kick in the teeth right up there with Cummings' Durham trip last year. 

The guys an absolute twonk. 

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Its a case it would be a massive embarrassment to Boris to lose the Euros final, a bigger embarrassment then allowing the concessions that UEFA ask. Its only under threat because of his **** ups with the delta variant, if we hadn't had this we'd probably be in a position where UEFA's requests wouldn't seem so bad.

However as we are here, there's no difference here between the Euros final and the champions league final except the champions league we were offering to help out so rigidly stuck to our principles on people coming in whereas here Boris doesn't want to be humiliated and therefore is willing to bend over and take it from UEFA. 

22 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Kind of hoping that the travel rules are undermined by the government just so more people realise the unfairness of it all. I was talking to a Portuguese guy regarding the champions league final and it didn't go unnoticed on them that their stadiums and bars have been closed for months yet foreigners could travel in for the final and drink in bars and watch live football.

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Micah Richards? Whats the verdict. The odd laugh is fine but you can see the others cringe on occasion when he completely takes over and its one huge laugh fest. Nothing wrong with joviality but in moderation. 

The football punditry equivalent of Rusty Lee I'm thinking 

6 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Kind of hoping that the travel rules are undermined by the government just so more people realise the unfairness of it all. I was talking to a Portuguese guy regarding the champions league final and it didn't go unnoticed on them that their stadiums and bars have been closed for months yet foreigners could travel in for the final and drink in bars and watch live football.

Budapest's National Stadium is the only one, i think, that has zero restriction of number of fans; it was rammed for their match earlier in the week and rightly so.

25% full at Wembley. Utter tosh as usual then make exceptions that make zero sense. Its all monty python esque.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Yes, **** off Johnson. 

Archived