IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

10 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Kalas playing left CB. It seems that's fine for Czechs but was seen as a problem if he had to for us.

Yep. I noticed that in the first game v Scotland and thought hmmmmm…..

12 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Kalas playing left CB. It seems that's fine for Czechs but was seen as a problem if he had to for us.

Probably more to do with what's either side of him. He has Celuska and Boril to his right and left respectively and they are both experienced players. Here he had Rowe as an auxiliary full back and a rotation of different partners to his right but mostly relatively inexperienced. 

1 hour ago, Red said:

Can't understand why over 20k Scots would travel to London, pay overpriced prices on everything they buy, wear a skirt and sit in a fountain..."just to be there" hope we stuff em and send them back with their tails between their skirts ???????

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Team to play Scotland: Pickford, James, Stones, Mings, Shaw, Phillips, Rice, Foden, Mount, Sterling, Kane.

Was hoping Grealish would of started. Come on England 

No real surprises. Feels like a match made for Grealish, but let's see how it plays out.

11 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Problem with that is you get a lot of meaningless fixtures in the last round of games. One thing I like about 3 teams going through is that pretty much every team has something riding on the last game. I am not so sure teams will play for a draw as there is still an incentive to get an easier second round tie…

That's true- indeed there is a counterargument that as you say, every side has something riding on it.

For sure though, IF say my hypothetical format was in play, then Austria v Ukraine would be a good match- yes really- as both sides would be going hell for leather, not only for the points but maybe aiming at GD to be one of the lucky runners up.

8 hours ago, MarcusX said:

How long do teams get to dine out on past achievements to consider their stature? 30 years since they won a Euro cup, if players want success they’ll go to a current “big” team

Money, money, money- modern game eh. Game is good, the Business- bleh.

Big club, decent sized football nation- not that you're wrong of course. To an Everton who should be under FFP sanctions based on their expenditure to revenue in recent times.

Dominance of a few big Leagues is a sign of the times.

18 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Who this Aussie geezer up front for Scotland then? 

Loving the England line up, exactly what I would have gone for. James is going to have Robertson and Tierney in his pocket

I would've liked to have seen Grealish but apparently Scotland are playing a 5-3-2 which leaves their midfield lightweight, especially with McTominay in defence. Perhaps then best to assert dominance with two physical players in Rice and Phillips and then as the game stretches find a way to accommodate Grealish. 

England should win tonight's game easily but that's not to say I don't give the Scots a chance. If they can get Tierney and Robertson in tandem down our right then an England team with the worst set of CBs it's ever gone into a tournament with may have to deal with a lot of crosses. Will they be up to it. 

22 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So much smoke has been blown up Scotland’s ass today it’s coming out there ears 

Ah, the loveable tartan army. 

I wasn’t overly fussed about tonight’s game but the love in for Scotland in the media has wound me up. I hope we annihilate them. 

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Ah, the loveable tartan army. 

I wasn’t overly fussed about tonight’s game but the love in for Scotland in the media has wound me up. I hope we annihilate them. 

They came searching for a Bannockburn, only to unearth a Culloden.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would've liked to have seen Grealish but apparently Scotland are playing a 5-3-2 which leaves their midfield lightweight, especially with McTominay in midfield. Perhaps then best to assert dominance with two physical players in Rice and Phillips and then as the game stretches find a way to accommodate Grealish. 

McTominay certainly isn’t lightweight but he’s playing centre back anyway. Gilmour has always looked quality when I’ve seen him so interesting to see how he does tonight at this level.  Could be a tough game if we don’t score early but obviously we should win 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

McTominay certainly isn’t lightweight but he’s playing centre back anyway. Gilmour has always looked quality when I’ve seen him so interesting to see how he does tonight at this level.  Could be a tough game if we don’t score early but obviously we should win 

Sorry, I meant McTominay in defence 

I think their non-performance in the first game will make Scotland even more determined. Our CBs and goalie are pretty unreliable so I think it could be harder than many pundits are suggesting. If the Scots score first I will get a bit nervous. Hoping we score two early goals and deflate them.

Archived