IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Keep hearing that England are one of, if not the favourites to win the tournament. Says who, the media? Auntie Pat who watches the games every 2/4 years?

Same old thing everytime, media hype it up, country gets involved and hypes it up, meanwhile the realists out there (e.g. the proper football fan) just laughs because there is no way we're in the top 4 or 5 favourites to win it.

Gareth Southgate was the most marmite player, and as a coach/manager, his level is Championship at best. Just another yes man that the FA like, that will never rock the boat.

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Hilarious really and how he completely overlooked Fikayo Tomori for this Tournament. 

He is so glaringly out of his depth now it's unreal. In 2018 he was the right man with a pretty average squad, now we have better players and he hasn't got the ability to Manage them properly. 

Get rid of the Yes man NOW

Have we secretly employed the rugby selection policy of not picking players who play abroad (other then Bellingham's token appearance and Trippier who Southgate loves picking)

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who do we actually walkover anymore,you got the Italians smashing teams playing attractive football and here we are averaging 2 shots a game 

Italy we ain’t. They are a team. I can’t remember every watching England and feel they are playing as a team. Even in the last World Cup

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Keep hearing that England are one of, if not the favourites to win the tournament. Says who, the media? Auntie Pat who watches the games every 2/4 years?

Same old thing everytime, media hype it up, country gets involved and hypes it up, meanwhile the realists out there (e.g. the proper football fan) just laughs because there is no way we're in the top 4 or 5 favourites to win it.

Gareth Southgate was the most marmite player, and as a coach/manager, his level is Championship at best. Just another yes man that the FA like, that will never rock the boat.

Its the same every tournament. Its complete bollocks.

However, I would expect our players to be up for the fight against a Nation that clearly hates us. And one that was well up for it themselves and pushing well above their weight because of it. 

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

They are favs because people in this country bet them,you go to Spain and you can get us for 15-1

My opinion from a neutral. 
All this week, you’ve had the media getting all giddy and showing Gazza’s goal and asking England players if they are going to do something like that, be a headliner talked about decades later blah blah. 
I look through the England squad and see very little weakness but the media do this every tournament and put so much pressure on the the players. One error and they then rip you to shreds, putting more pressure. 

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was thinking more 96 or 98

Yeah, maybe. In 96 though we were poor in the first game, got a bit of luck against Scotland. 98 was an if only. Who knows where we’d got to had we got past the argies.

Only tournament I can ever remember watching where we actually looked good was in 82. Went out of that tournament without losing a game. 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Would like to see . Walker Grealish Calvert-Lewin , Sancho in the starting line up against the Czechs 

Said in our whatsapp group at half-time I'd have changed the front 3 for the 3 you mention there. Thought Foden was better second half and possibly unlucky to go off. Kane looks right off it at the moment. 

Archived