IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

1 minute ago, grifty said:

Yeah why didn't Southgate select more players that play abroad. Except for the two you mentioned... oh and Sancho... but yeah he should have picked more! 

Was a jab at not having them on the pitch, how Sancho who has 18 goals and 21 assists hasn't managed to get 1 minute of football in the 2 games is a joke

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good point.

As for Souness, It's Scotland's Cup Final and while I agree, can see his point, as all they need to do is beat Croatia at Hampden and highly likely they're then through. Out of Group Stage for the first time ever.

They won’t beat Croatia and they will be dumped out of the tournament 

But they got a draw with the mighty English ???

And that’s the extent of their ambition 

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

Yeah why didn't Southgate select more players that play abroad. Except for the two you mentioned... oh and Sancho... but yeah he should have picked more! 

Problem with the squad is we have lots of attacking players but lacking proper box to box midfielders which means we really lack a balanced team. Add to that not exactly the best defence and we aren’t the world beaters some think we should be

29 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Glad to hear Southgate say we’ll go back to working on our patterns next week.

Filled with confidence again.

Such an eloquent and intelligent speaker isn't he. Reminds me of someone else who didn't even know what he was doing

People giving the boot to Southgate. Who would you have instead?

We’ve had plenty of world class managers like Sven and Capello and they’ve not got us anywhere. So based on who’s around today that we could realistically get, who would you appoint? I can’t think of anyone.

I’ve got a lot of time for Southgate but even I know he ain’t up there with the managerial gods, but if after this tournament he’s shown the door who the hell could we bring in who would do any better?

34 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Anyone who hasn't already done so in the thread please make a point of praising Scotland because, if you don't, Graeme Souness will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you.

He will dazzle you with his teeth.

4 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

People giving the boot to Southgate. Who would you have instead?

We’ve had plenty of world class managers like Sven and Capello and they’ve not got us anywhere. So based on who’s around today that we could realistically get, who would you appoint? I can’t think of anyone.

I’ve got a lot of time for Southgate but even I know he ain’t up there with the managerial gods, but if after this tournament he’s shown the door who the hell could we bring in who would do any better?

Brendan Rodgers

We look like a team with no leader to be honest.  No one taking the bull by its horns.  Sometimes a bit of experience is what gets you up for these kinds of games . Maybe we do need the trippiers and the Hendersons to succeed in this tournament.  Looking at this tonight, we will go out in the first round cause Portugal and France are far more superior to us 

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Loew is leaving after this tournament.

He is. To be fair not been following it that closely, but my one German mate has wanted him gone for ages. Didn’t think they looked that poor v France to be honest.

9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

He is. To be fair not been following it that closely, but my one German mate has wanted him gone for ages. Didn’t think they looked that poor v France to be honest.

They might of done if France wanted or needed to get out of 2nd gear

19 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

They might of done if France wanted or needed to get out of 2nd gear

France despite all their talent, are a strange one- they don't really and vs big or decent sides especially, put them to the sword etc, really take the game to them in a major way.

Deschamps has a bit of a reputation as a pragmatist- not talking Pulisball but being a bit cautious- perhaps overly so. That is often how they go under Deschamps however.

One more thing, disappointed indeed with the lack of pressing and hunger by us.

Can understand it when it is hot, sticky etc, especially early tournament but didn't seem like it was necessary, the rain was coming down, it can't have been that hot- get after them, you will have more possession- you can have a combination of stretching the opposition with quick moving possession, plus seeking to drag them out of shape and pressing hard without it due to the periods where you can rest in possession a bit- even if they are deep, it's a mental strain without the ball- if done right it's excellent, mixture of quick and resting with, intensity without, opposition can give it away again. We certainly didn't do that for any prolonged period tonight.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One more thing, disappointed indeed with the lack of pressing and hunger by us.

Can understand it when it is hot, sticky etc, especially early tournament but didn't seem like it was necessary, the rain was coming down, it can't have been that hot- get after them, you will have more possession- you can have a combination of stretching the opposition with quick moving possession, plus seeking to drag them out of shape and pressing hard without it due to the periods where you can rest in possession a bit- even if they are deep, it's a mental strain without the ball- if done right it's excellent, mixture of quick and resting with, intensity without, opposition can give it away again. We certainly didn't do that for any prolonged period tonight.

It was “edge of the seat stuff” according to the itv commentator! ?

the fans in the stadium were certainly on the edge of their seats…?

10 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It was a controlled good performance. No hype - not amazing but good. 

You are easily pleased, it was the usual dull, insipid unimaginative performance we are used to from England at major tournaments, it mirrors our constantly woeful choices of manager

58 minutes ago, harrys said:

You are easily pleased, it was the usual dull, insipid unimaginative performance we are used to from England at major tournaments, it mirrors our constantly woeful choices of manager

I thought we weren't bad opening game v Croatia but certainly worse with little to be positive about last night.

8 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It was “edge of the seat stuff” according to the itv commentator! ?

the fans in the stadium were certainly on the edge of their seats…?

We laughed at this. I have done a load of early hours, and extra hours at work this week and was shattered and briefly fell asleep during the match whilst sat on my sofa. I NEVER fall asleep in front of the tv, ever! It amused my family. Did I miss much ?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

We laughed at this. I have done a load of early hours, and extra hours at work this week and was shattered and briefly fell asleep during the match whilst sat on my sofa. I NEVER fall asleep in front of the tv, ever! It amused my family. Did I miss much ?

As long as you didn’t fall off the edge of the sofa! ?

lots of sideways passing, so pretty familiar ???

Archived