IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Interesting tournament. The germans are good and they can be one of the teams that can be Champions. France, Italy, Belgium and not forget Spain. You have good players in your team so i dont count England out. My Sweden have some good players for once. Isak is a Top player, he reminds of Zlatan in that way he does things that no one expekts. We can go to quarter final, semifinal with luck. Wish you good luck but not If you meat Sweden, he he.

5 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

So it is Nodge after all?

4 hours ago, FramptonRed said:

I did’nt realise Nagy was pronounced Nodge.

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Thats because it's not. It is Narge. He said it to us himself.

The age old debate on how to pronounce Nagy ?

The issue is that you can't really write it phonetically in English - we don't really have the letters for it.

It's supposed to be "Na-d"......with the "d" pronounced in the same way as you would in the word "during"

It is just so annoying that we have top top players…yet as Roy Keane said other night we keep passing ball sideways and backwards…. As Roy said, move the bl***y thing forward.  In Croatia we beat an aged side. 

Remember the  Late great Cloughie would demand his players only go one way… according to his winger Robertson ..forward. 
It will be interesting what GS does on Tuesday night.  Really looking forward to it, as well as seeing Kalas play. Kane still ?

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Just out of interest, and I was as disappointed as anyone last night, imagine the reaction on here if England were in a group where they only drew with Sweden and were struggling to beat Poland with less than 20 minutes to go………….

True, but it’s only 9 years since Spain won a major tournament.

We have now been waiting 55 ******* years !!

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

True, but it’s only 9 years since Spain won a major tournament.

We have now been waiting 55 ******* years !!

Also true but you can’t saddle the current players with the failures of everyone before them. We clearly need to think about how we approach games now but I’m convinced last night was a one off in terms of we were abysmal and we aren’t normally that bad. Pickford and Mings aside the rest of them were paralysed by the fear of losing to Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Also true but you can’t saddle the current players with the failures of everyone before them. We clearly need to think about how we approach games now but I’m convinced last night was a one off in terms of we were abysmal and we aren’t normally that bad. Pickford and Mings aside the rest of them were paralysed by the fear of losing to Scotland.

I agree with your comment regarding Mings & Pickford

23 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Brave, heroic goal keeping there. Unlike Keef Waugh at Trumpton about '89 who didn't (perhaps understandably) fancy getting down and putting his mush in the way of Devon White's flailing boots and we drew 1:1.

Think you mean Keith Welch..

During the lull in match proceedings, just wondered what people thoughts are on the officials so far. For me, they’ve been brilliant, and definitely one of the stand outs from the tournament.

I know there’ll be the odd mistake someone will point to, but on the whole they have kept games flowing, allowed the right sort of contact, and it’s been great to see games where referees are not the centre of attention, and even more so where VAR is not the centre of attention. 

I don’t know how there managing VAR in comparison to the Prem, but it certainly works. 

54 minutes ago, italian dave said:

During the lull in match proceedings, just wondered what people thoughts are on the officials so far. For me, they’ve been brilliant, and definitely one of the stand outs from the tournament.

I know there’ll be the odd mistake someone will point to, but on the whole they have kept games flowing, allowed the right sort of contact, and it’s been great to see games where referees are not the centre of attention, and even more so where VAR is not the centre of attention. 

I don’t know how there managing VAR in comparison to the Prem, but it certainly works. 

Compared to prem the refs and VAR usage has been so much better. I still don’t like VAR but it’s been much improved because they aren’t messing around for minutes. It’s faster and only looking to overturn clear and obvious stuff. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I think they have been good overall. I did think the ref in England Scotland did well, perhaps a little bit niggly but by and large let the game flow. 

Archived