IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

21 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

In fairness, yes he or the full back should've put head to ball instead of letting it bounce but the 2 centre halves were nowhere to be seen...I thought Adam had a good game, put in a real shift. We have to keep him in my opinion.

Was from an attacking free kick so they’d gone up. 

Yeah he was tidy apart from that. 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Have to say Joe Morrell gave it away a number of times in that first half. Poor misplaced passes and once caught in possession.

I thought Wales had a good spell at one point mid way through the half, but it's hard enough to keep Italy out without being sloppy and giving them opportunities to attack.

Morrell's man scored the goal on the cross from the free kick. Morrell was ball watching, as the pundits have just talked about.

The pace of the game is all a bit too fast for him. Hope he comes out and improves in the 2nd half.

I disagree with Hartson. I think the change of system is fine. Wales defence done well with a number of very dangerous driven balls into the box they have dealt with.

Wales have at times looked dangerous in forward areas. Very difficult now to get back in this. Just try and keep it 1-0 for as long as possible and hope they can score on the break or from a set piece. Would be mad to go for it imo.

Moore and Brooks late on would give italy something to worry about.

Think most of the Wales players have been ball watching today. When we played Turkey we had belief that we could get something but this game we look scared. But in the players defence Italy have been a joy to watch (feel guilty saying that) even if it is their second team. I think Italy are going to go a lot further than some initially thought. 
And now it’s just got worse down to 10 men. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

On watching the replay, sort of Orange for me. 

I think the fact that the Italian players foot was firmly on the ground is what made it particularly dangerous. That and the fact that - rightly or wrongly - UEFA has been clear that those challenges will get reds. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

The problem being every player knows that these tournaments aren’t refereed like English football.

It was silly no doubt, no point in risking it. I'm fairly certain that VAR wouldn't have turned it over the other way had the ref given a yellow. I also don't think the ref would have given a red to an Italian player for the same challenge. 

5 minutes ago, !james said:

Yeah red for me, reckless and no need. Embarrassing listening to Hartson trying to justify it 

Earlier in the first half he described as “a good foul” one where the Welsh player went in studs first into the Italian players shin.

1 minute ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

It was silly no doubt, no point in risking it. I'm fairly certain that VAR wouldn't have turned it over the other way had the ref given a yellow. I also don't think the ref would have given a red to an Italian player for the same challenge. 

Why not?

3 minutes ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

Goes back to what @Fordy62said. It’s like an “orange” challenge if that existed. In the Prem you get one more chance, in Europe flip a coin!!

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It is certainly not an easy job but for me Morrell has stood out as being the worst. He gave it away before the free kick that Italy hit the post from. And generally he has looks so off the pace. Not all Wales players have been that bad imo. 

Possibly but today’s my day to be negative to my team. You lot had yours Friday ?

One of my best Wales games was when we beat Italy 2-1 in the Millennium stadium. But typing this and watching Bale miss that one I very much doubt it. Plus their goalie has not conceded more than one goal per international game I think. 

Archived