IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

The tangent was you suggesting Wales had performed well given their population size. When in actual fact rugby is a minority sport in England, but a majority one in Wales. 
End of the day, just because they have a National anthem that lends itself to a more ‘rousing’ output, doesn’t mean that gives them any edge once the first whistle goes. 

It's impossible to quantify. Which to me means it probably makes no difference.

God save the Queen became the 'national anthem' before nation states became the dominant political entities and hence it is actually a homage to the monarch and the monarchy, rather than being about the country. Wish there was some mention of England or what it is to be English

13 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It's impossible to quantify. Which to me means it probably makes no difference.

God save the Queen became the 'national anthem' before nation states became the dominant political entities and hence it is actually a homage to the monarch and the monarchy, rather than being about the country. Wish there was some mention of England or what it is to be English

England doesn't have a National Anthem

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Of course the better boxer will win. Jesus. Have you never heard of pump up songs to be played in the changing room. Why do people listen to music when working out or running? Motivation. Its a 1%'er, or a 0.1%'er as i believe the phrase is now. 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

That is a silly hypothetical. Lets say they are not twins. Lets say the competitors have roughly equal abilities but one takes a little more time and concentrates on creating behaviours and strategies that are more likely to create flow states. A competitor there is more likely to win. 

Your in fact is an opinion. If the communication (relaxing music) is used inappropriately relaxation degrades performance significantly. Humans are wired that way. 

A short rousing piece of music, a anthem etc can help to increase motivation, spark the motor cortex more efficiently  .. Can not the 100% will in every individual, but this sports science is backed up by empirical evidence. 

But I come back to initial point. What evidence is there that the singing of one national anthem gives more performance improvement than another. 
For all we know, the England players may ‘believe’ in their anthem and it fills them with pride before the game. And whilst some opinion may state that the Welsh anthem is more ‘passionate’, why would players who were born in Ipswich, Hull, Torquay, Hammersmith & Exeter be any more ‘pumped up’ by it than the England players be of theirs. 

Look, I agree that music can be a motivational experience, but my point is specifically about the national anthems (which was the original point) - I don’t think they make any difference whatsoever. And believe me, I do love a good national anthem and enjoy seeing it belted out. But I don’t think it affects the player’s performance one iota. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Look, I agree that music can be a motivational experience, but my point is specifically about the national anthems (which was the original point) - I don’t think they make any difference whatsoever. 

Perhaps they should trial playing Smack My Bitch Up by the Prodigy rather than GSTQ in the Czech match.

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Perhaps they should trial playing Smack My Bitch Up by the Prodigy rather than GSTQ in the Czech match.

Would be better if they did that for the Welsh if Giggs was still manager ?

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

But I come back to initial point. What evidence is there that the singing of one national anthem gives more performance improvement than another. 
For all we know, the England players may ‘believe’ in their anthem and it fills them with pride before the game. And whilst some opinion may state that the Welsh anthem is more ‘passionate’, why would players who were born in Ipswich, Hull, Torquay, Hammersmith & Exeter be any more ‘pumped up’ by it than the England players be of theirs. 

You are answering your own point.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

I agree that music can be a motivational experience, 

Music is communication.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

but my point is specifically about the national anthems (which was the original point) - I don’t think they make any difference whatsoever. 

An anthem is communication.

And that communication can spark motivation.  

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

One further nugget. With Austria beating Ukraine, that is now one group of the two finished with a third place of three points. Decent chance the Russia group finish tonight means we are g’teed R16 before we kick off.

It would take Scotland to win by a few and England to lose to not get second 

6 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

It would take Scotland to win by a few and England to lose to not get second 

True enough. I suppose it is more important to Scotland to know a win would certainly secure qualification on 4 points whatever. 

Wales fans will be unable to travel to Amsterdam for the next round of Euro 2020 in the Netherlands, Wales' health minister has said. 

Eluned Morgan said police in Amsterdam had said they would not be "letting Welsh fans into the country".

The Netherlands is on the UK's amber list, meaning travel is not advised, while the UK is not on the Netherlands' safe country list. 

Wales's last 16 match will take place in Amsterdam on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, daored said:

Wales fans will be unable to travel to Amsterdam for the next round of Euro 2020 in the Netherlands, Wales' health minister has said. 

Eluned Morgan said police in Amsterdam had said they would not be "letting Welsh fans into the country".

The Netherlands is on the UK's amber list, meaning travel is not advised, while the UK is not on the Netherlands' safe country list. 

Wales's last 16 match will take place in Amsterdam on Saturday.

I guarantee that doesn’t stop people 

So is Boris going to get slaughtered for letting thousands of UEFA delegates etc into the country without quarantine or will Boris get slaughtered for losing the Euros final because of how he's ****** the situation with regards to rising cases etc.

25 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Finland like to live dangerously while defending

I went for Russia vs Denmark instead thinking it would be more of a contest. Russia been playing for a point mainly and Denmark had a poor half but then scored, game should hopefully be a bit better 2nd half.

24 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

So is Boris going to get slaughtered for letting thousands of UEFA delegates etc into the country without quarantine or will Boris get slaughtered for losing the Euros final because of how he's ****** the situation with regards to rising cases etc.

Neither and he will win the next election 

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I think so too, I’m sure he knows Levy will make it harder negotiating the right price. Still think he will come good, he has had no service at all.

Yeah definitely. 

Some England fans have questioned Kane so far this tournament and where his head is at... But ultimately he’s going to think of himself and his family with that sort of bid coming in. 

Archived