IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Outside of the ‘bubble’ - all players told Not to spend time outside of the game with other team players. Mount and chilwell were with Gilmour for half an hour post match. Stupid rules but also so pretty ******* stupid of them to do so when they know the risks. 

Lesson learned for all players now at least. 

I'd be interested in how long a 'bubble' lasts? I mean I'd presume 2 weeks as that's how long they say it can take for symptoms to develop but just a case how its just over 3 weeks since the three of them were in the same bubble at Chelsea.

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Chilwell and Mount confirmed as out for tonight. Hopefully Bellingham starts in place of Mount.

Pickford
James. Stones. Mings Shaw
       Foden. Phillips Jude
        Sancho. Kane. Sterling

I'd change that up a bit, have Foden in the front line instead of Sterling and put Grealish in the middle of the pitch

53 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Have to say this is quite infuriating. How the hell does it not effect the Scotland squad? Who acutally governs these decisions?

Really struggling to see any sense in this at all. It seems like we don't have to do this and it's just a decision that the team/FA have made as a precaution.

I was about to post the same thing. 
why do 2 English players have to isolate when the Scots don’t ? 
and if PCR tests are not being accepted then why do travellers have to buy them at £100+ a time when their results are being ignored?

Luckily we have already qualified so can afford to play without Mount this time. Need to be ultra careful going forward though! Don't want to lose any key players in the latter stages!
Good luck to King Kalas tonight, come on England!

otibclothing.co.uk

IMG_4282.jpg

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I'd be interested in how long a 'bubble' lasts? I mean I'd presume 2 weeks as that's how long they say it can take for symptoms to develop but just a case how its just over 3 weeks since the three of them were in the same bubble at Chelsea.

I'd change that up a bit, have Foden in the front line instead of Sterling and put Grealish in the middle of the pitch

Exactly what I’d do. I think Sancho deserves a go and he’s a natural replacement for Sterling with his pace. Foden deserves to keep his place, Grealish deserves a go. Bellingham’s dynamism will make things happen. 

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Chilwell and Mount confirmed as out for tonight. Hopefully Bellingham starts in place of Mount.

Pickford
James. Stones. Mings Shaw
       Foden. Phillips Jude
        Sancho. Kane. Sterling

Chat is Maguire and Henderson start and Bellingham in for Mount?

26 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Where did you see that? If that's true is bloody stupid that they've done that but still, Covid doesn't know about "bubbles" it still doesn't seem logical that Scotland players are "safe"

Being reported alongside the news on sky etc etc. I agree it’s dumb, but ultimately if players are told don’t do something because of the risks, and then do it anyway, they probably deserve the outcome tbh. I bet Southgate is fuming. 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Being reported alongside the news on sky etc etc. I agree it’s dumb, but ultimately if players are told don’t do something because of the risks, and then do it anyway, they probably deserve the outcome tbh. I bet Southgate is fuming. 

Just seen it mentioned on Twitter, apparently in the tunnel after the game or something - which if true isnt as bad as meeting outside of the match environment, but still if they know not to they shouldnt have. Plus after that piss poor performance they should have been straight back to the changing room.

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Still amazed that players from opposing teams and refs etc. are shaking hands, hugging etc. 

All the team sport I and doubtless many others have taken part in recently (not exactly elite sport, it must be said) still only involves touching elbows or fists (no fisting, mind) at most.

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

I see this morning that due to last nights results England are through, even if we finish 3rd.

Looking at the possible fixtures ahead, a draw or even defeat to the Czechs would be the better outcome.

It's an odd one, you certainly don't play to lose but a draw or win for the Czechs does them no favours at all, same for an England win.

With Mount and Chilwell having to self isolate until Monday I guess winning the group will be beneficial as play Tuesday and can be in squad.

Just been announced more than 60,000 allowed to attend semi finals and final

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

Could you explain the other nations dumb hate of us then please? Believe me after living amongst many taffs and jocks for a long time their hatred if us is immensely more intense than ours of them.

Why did you live there so long if everybody hated you? It seems an odd choice.

Seriously though, I think you’re indulging in generalisation which is the base of most prejudices and racism. People are all individuals and there are ********* in all countries and communities. Treat people as individuals and judge them appropriately- not as if they had national characteristics. Some prats hate other nationalities; but they are just a minority of prats. Don’t join them.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

My mrs is genetically 100% welsh (well, 2 welsh parents, probably not 100% but 90%+), but born in England, lived all her life here except a couple of years at Cardiff Uni. She's English for football as her Dad doesn't really care for it but Welsh for Rugby because that's his sport and his team.

My dad was 100% Welsh but supported England  enthusiastically against every other country except Wales. England was “us” unless playing Wales.

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Manager Gareth Southgate has said that Jordan Henderson and Harry Maguire will be involved. He has also confirmed that captain Harry Kane will start.

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Phillips Rice

Grealish

Saka Kane Sterling

That was posted by Collymore, so not sure how accurate

15 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Along with the guy who made the disastrous back pass!

For his own safety he's asked for asylum in Syria or Afghanistan. 

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I've been decidedly unimpressed with Sancho in his England appearances. Not sure he has earned a chance based on what he's shown. Grealish definitely has though so I'd like to see him take Mount's place.

I think that's the problem with International football. Players have good seasons for their teams and are in "form" but to a certain extent you have to give credit to the players who have always performed for England. For example, Pickford hasn't done much wrong in an England shirt yet some point to a few mistakes for Everton. 

Do you pick players who are on form for their club but don't neccesarily fit the style of the national team, or do you pick tried and tested players that do fit the national setup (whether you agree with the managers game plans or not is a different matter!) Kane is probably the biggest example of that, had another great season but just doesn't have the same impact for England. He's another Rooney, clearly extremely talented but the team isn't setup to play to his strengths.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Why did you live there so long if everybody hated you? It seems an odd choice.

Seriously though, I think you’re indulging in generalisation which is the base of most prejudices and racism. People are all individuals and there are ********* in all countries and communities. Treat people as individuals and judge them appropriately- not as if they had national characteristics. Some prats hate other nationalities; but they are just a minority of prats. Don’t join them.

Shortly before I first came to France, then a young man in my early 20s, I was discussing my impending move with a neighbour, a quite high ranking Police officer.

In a nutshell, his advice was not to go to France because it is a horrible country; the French are horrible and arrogant and, despite what you might have heard, the food is not up to much either as it is all covered in garlic.

When I asked him when and where he had been in France, his reply, almost without hesitation, was that he had never been to France and, of course, never would for the reasons he had just stated.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Southgate says Sancho lacks experience but then picks Saka. I love Saka but it’s madness not to play Sancho 

So far in an England shirt, Sancho has looked very ordinary & not stood out in any game he's played in. 

I don't think it's madness. I would like to see him play though, I don't think the others on the wings have been up to much so far so only right we give Grealish/Saka/Sancho a chance. Saka has looked impressive the couple of appearances he has made for England as well.

Few players carry their club form into the England team, it's always been so frustrating. 

There are certain players who play well for England but aren't necessarily in the best form for their club who still get picked and everyone acts outraged but I actually don't mind it. It's rare players do well for us. 

I always stuck up for the likes of Welbeck & Wilshere, and I continue to do so for the likes of Pickford & Trippier. Never let us down. 

Personally tonight I'd like to see this

Pickford

Walker, Stones, Maguire, Trippier/Shaw

Rice, Henderson/Phillips

Saka, Grealish, Sancho

Calvert-Lewin

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I think that's the problem with International football. Players have good seasons for their teams and are in "form" but to a certain extent you have to give credit to the players who have always performed for England. For example, Pickford hasn't done much wrong in an England shirt yet some point to a few mistakes for Everton. 

Do you pick players who are on form for their club but don't neccesarily fit the style of the national team, or do you pick tried and tested players that do fit the national setup (whether you agree with the managers game plans or not is a different matter!) Kane is probably the biggest example of that, had another great season but just doesn't have the same impact for England. He's another Rooney, clearly extremely talented but the team isn't setup to play to his strengths.

I've just posted something very similar to this! Agree completely. Pickford had a decent season for Ev this year though, but season before wasn't great at all, I still always would've had him down for Englands no 1

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Phillips and Rice again? I'm watching the Jocks.

In a 4-3-3 for France, Kante & Rabiot are often both in the side, I wonder if they get as much stick about playing two midfielders who don’t get forward much. 

Rabiot isn’t exclusively a defensive CM but I don’t feel like Phillips is either. Far too much is being blamed on this.

Doesn’t help England that our CF drops back in so much! Was crying out for DCL on Friday against Scotland I reckon.

Archived