IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

45 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

So far in an England shirt, Sancho has looked very ordinary & not stood out in any game he's played in. 

I don't think it's madness. I would like to see him play though, I don't think the others on the wings have been up to much so far so only right we give Grealish/Saka/Sancho a chance. Saka has looked impressive the couple of appearances he has made for England as well.

Few players carry their club form into the England team, it's always been so frustrating. 

There are certain players who play well for England but aren't necessarily in the best form for their club who still get picked and everyone acts outraged but I actually don't mind it. It's rare players do well for us. 

I always stuck up for the likes of Welbeck & Wilshere, and I continue to do so for the likes of Pickford & Trippier. Never let us down. 

Personally tonight I'd like to see this

Pickford

Walker, Stones, Maguire, Trippier/Shaw

Rice, Henderson/Phillips

Saka, Grealish, Sancho

Calvert-Lewin

Sancho had a poor start to the season but a superb last 4-5 months and didn’t play for England in that time. He will go to united and everyone will wonder how the F he didn’t get in this England team by November 

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Sancho had a poor start to the season but a superb last 4-5 months and didn’t play for England in that time. He will go to united and everyone will wonder how the F he didn’t get in this England team by November 

Oh yeah I’ve seen his club form was exceptional! I just don’t think it necessarily means it’ll translate to the England side, but I certainly hope it does.

I quite like Saka anyway, would like to see both him & Sancho play, we know what Sterling can do, we’ve qualified for the knockout stages, why not give them both a run out. 

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Apparentely the German media are amazed he isn't in our starting line up

And in a slightly different vein- Kalas has had a few moments in the Euros and qualifying- with this in mind I tried to place a bet on him actually scoring an own goal tonight - could not find a bookie to take the bet! Something to do with OG’s not being recognised in betting??

Bonsoir All

Good to see a better performance tonight so far.  Grealish playing well as is the young lad Saka who seems to pop up everywhere. I do still wish we would stop some of the ridiculous back passes to Pickford when we really don't need to. 

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Mental Note:   Don't ever run the upgrade on the forum software at 5.25pm..  

Go grab a pint Tom

Improvement over the Scotland game which is great to see but this is so dull to watch. We have so much quality but where's the flowing creative rhythm and pace. Everything is so slow with constant passes back to defence and Pickford.  This reminds me of LJs team when we were tactically set up to be so cautious and always pass backwards hoping to scrape out the 1 nil wins.

We're going to be taught how to play football in the next round.

Archived