IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Just now, Midred said:

Is it a confidence problem with Kane and would he be picked if he wasn't captain?

Doesn't form count if you're captain?

He doesn't look sharp. Perhaps those ankles are being managed. I would've given Calvert-Lewin a run out.

An antidote to insomnia.

That pretty much sums up my impression of England so far in this tournament.

I have very little...well, actually no...confidence in our prospects against the likes of France or Germany, but I suppose you have to say the bottom line is this:

England win and go through. Scotland lose and go out.

I'd buy that for a pound any day of the week!

1 minute ago, OneCity said:

An antidote to insomnia.

That pretty much sums up my impression of England so far in this tournament.

I have very little...well, actually no...confidence in our prospects against the likes of France or Germany, but I suppose you have to say the bottom line is this:

England win and go through. Scotland lose and go out.

I'd buy that for a pound any day of the week!

It worked for me, I couldn't stay awake after 70 mins or so.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Why the negativity? Won the group fairly easily no injuries. Tournament starts now.

Yep. They've just made the point on the TV that if France, Germany etc had gone through in this way everyone would be saying how they're quietly and assuredly going about their business. England do the same and we're crap and boring will be beaten by the first good team we face.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. They've just made the point in the TV that if France, Germany etc had gone through in this way everyone would be saying how they're quietly and assuredly going about their business. England do the same and we're crap and boring will be beaten by the first good team we face.

Very true, but I tend to take the same approach with England that I do with City. Try to never get excited because you know you'll be let down in the end!

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Very true, but I tend to take the same approach with England that I do with City. Try to never get excited because you know you'll be let down in the end!

Oh absolutely, I'm the same. But I think that's different from refusing to recognise any positives or give credit when it's merited.

5 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

How do you go about trying not to get excited? Is it something you were taught to do as a boy on Christmas Eve, for example? Asking for a (little) friend ....

People have short memories. Germany  & Italy have won all their major trophies by keeping clean sheets & not taking many risks. Expansive teams concede goals & rarely win tournaments (Brazil 70 apart)  probably the last . The footballs not great to watch but as of next week it’ll be completely different. We’ll probably go to a back 5 & become a counter attacking side . 

40 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

They brought covid to the party, let's not forget. I hope it isn't another 23 years before they qualify again, 46'll do me

Don't knock the Scots! They've behaved impeccably by self-isolating from the remainder of the competition. You cannae beat it!!!

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Don't knock the Scots! They've behaved impeccably by self-isolating from the remainder of the competition. You cannae beat it!!!

just be a shame if anyone caught mc covid variant off them.symptoms huffing,puffing running around and sweating a lot. oh yes,and cross dressing in skirts

27 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

How do you go about trying not to get excited? Is it something you were taught to do as a boy on Christmas Eve, for example? Asking for a (little) friend ....

To be honest, just get excited every year/tournament anyway but try and pretend you aren't...

30 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

A few days ago, I heard some Jock or other saying England's got a population of 50m and Scotland just 5m and adding that it's incredible how they could do what they did against England and our team of 50m with their little team of just 5m.

I just looked up Croatia's population - it's 4m.

Uruguay 3.4 million and have won 2 World Cups.

Archived