IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

7 hours ago, harrys said:

I honestly feel with the right manager we could of gone all the way, however England constantly pick truly woeful and clueless managers that have previously won nothing in the game either as player or manager

Joachim Low only ever won the Austrian Bundesliga in his career (with a pretty poor record actually) before moving on to Germany and winning everything.

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

England’s side of the draw looks very friendly…

Ukraine or Sweden awaits if we get past Germany. 

Even after that, it's one of Netherlands, Czech Republic Wales or Denmark in the semis.

Netherlands are decent and Germany is going to be a tough game but, given the other half of the draw has France, Belgium, Italy, Portugal and Spain in it,  we can't really complain. 

11 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Musiala comes on for Germany at 18, has considerably less experience on every level than Sancho and not even close in the goals assists department and assists within 10 minutes their final goal. Yet Southgate goes on about experience, it's pathetic. If your old enough, your good enough.

Musiala made a huge impact too. The goal came from his good play and he generally looked lively and fearless. He's definitely the future of Germany's forward line along with Havertz. 

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not necessarily what I would do but. How  do people expect southgate to set up v Germany . They play a 343 , does he change formation to match them or stick with the 433/4231 ? 

I think England will counter attack. Germany keep the ball well (if Gundogan plays) so Southgate's default setting will be to get men behind the ball and hit them on the break. Rice and Phillips holding with Sterling and Foden breaking.

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think England will counter attack. Germany keep the ball well (if Gundogan plays) so Southgate's default setting will be to get men behind the ball and hit them on the break. Rice and Phillips holding with Sterling and Foden breaking.

Agree. Hope he doesn’t match them up as I don’t see how he gets enough guile in midfield . It’ll be attritional again because most tournament winning sides do grind out games. Can see it being 0-0 going into the last ten . Then someone like sancho / grealish / saka coming on to make the difference ??

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

I’m expecting Maguire and Henderson to start. He will really want Mount to be available as well 

7 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Musiala comes on for Germany at 18, has considerably less experience on every level than Sancho and not even close in the goals assists department and assists within 10 minutes their final goal. Yet Southgate goes on about experience, it's pathetic. If your old enough, your good enough.

Bellingham?

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m expecting Maguire and Henderson to start. He will really want Mount to be available as well 

I want Mount to be available, and think he is a superb player, but I feel Saka, Grealish and Sterling all did enough to deserve to start and I am not sure where I’d fit Foden or Mount into the team.

Henderson would be a huge gamble given the lack of football this year. I agree he will probably start but I would personally stick with Rice and Phillips

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I want Mount to be available, and think he is a superb player, but I feel Saka, Grealish and Sterling all did enough to deserve to start and I am not sure where I’d fit Foden or Mount into the team.

Henderson would be a huge gamble given the lack of football this year. I agree he will probably start but I would personally stick with Rice and Phillips

I reckon he might go with this

Pickford
      Walker.  Stones. Maguire
James. Rice. Phillips.  Tripper
        Foden. Kane. Sterling 

Maybe Henderson in midfield

Archived