IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

There’ll still be an open bus tour of Wales that lasts 2 years if they lose this 

Beaten the worst team in the tournament & also scraped a totally underserved draw with the Swiss.

Completely outclassed for the majority of the first half, their only hope is another hoof towards Moore.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Beaten the worst team in the tournament & also scraped a totally underserved draw with the Swiss.

Completely outclassed for the majority of the first half, their only hope is another hoof towards Moore.

Dubious.  Before Denmark scored, Wales had had seven shots to Denmark’s one. It all changed when the goal went in (27 mins?)

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Ahh shame. Morrell was playing well but didn't track Dolberg there

Yeah he just got dragged a little to far toward the ball. 
The only thing I’d say in his defence is that Dolberg was Davies’ man, so I wonder if Morrell thought Davies still had him covered. 
But Morrell should probably have just waited a second before going toward the ball to see what would develop - I think he was expecting Ramsey to have been beaten so was too eager to go in to help. 
To refer to some of our other discussions - it was very ‘Nagy-esque’ ?

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Dubious.  Before Denmark scored, Wales had had seven shots to Denmark’s one. It all changed when the goal went in (27 mins?)

Shots on target; Wales 1 Denmark 3.

Possession; Wales 39%, Denmark 61%.

Looking forward to seeing a whole half of Neco Williams. 
From what I’ve seen of him to date, he’s bloody awful ?

Just now, Harry said:

Looking forward to seeing a whole half of Neco Williams. 
From what I’ve seen of him to date, he’s bloody awful ?

Ha ha. Right on cue 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I dunno, I thought it was quite different. Nagy was going with a runner left by his teammate and the ball was wide and easy for a teammate to cover him on the edge of the box. But I've said enough of my opinion on that subject! ?

I thought Morrell had a much better half there than Italy. Helped build attacks down the right, which is where Wales had a bit of success. Made a tackle and a couple of good interceptions.

A bit weak on the challenge as they showed back at half time as Denmark entered the box. And the goal he could have done better but it's a split second decision to be fair.

Re Nagy-esque, I meant just in general rather than the specific goal v Germany ie, slightly overcommitting toward the ball ?

Archived