IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

3 hours ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

Minions with an inferiority complex? And you wonder why the English are thought of as c**ts the world over? If you are such a great footballing nation and so big and mighty, you thought you'd have better things to be celebrating than a neighbouring country 1/10th your size getting knocked out of a tournament. 

I think you will find it is “British” rather than “English” as you claim .

For all the supposed terrible things we have done over the years; Wales & Scotland have been with us, side by side.

Brilliant performance from Austria but commiserations. Ultimately the quality of Italy's subs just enough.

I had forgotten the time for the Wales game so was a little shocked to see the final score. But Denmark have the bit between the teeth now. 

They will give anyone a game.

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

The Welsh and pretty much all Welsh football fans will be crossing everything that Germany beat England on Tuesday. And that would've been the case regardless of what happened today. But we are supposed to praise them, admire their pluckiness, passion etc etc.

Well, **** 'em :laugh: This is, after all the forum of an English club team.

Was thinking yesterday that if we’d had capitulated like that against what is still a pretty average Danish side there would have been pelters coming our way (Iceland) rather than being able to blame the ‘emotion’ of it all which is bollocks.

Really surprised with that performance, they were all over the place helping to make the Danes look like world beaters. Really didn’t see that coming, but more than a little pleased it did if I have to be honest.

Its coming home btw 

11 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Was thinking yesterday that if we’d had capitulated like that against what is still a pretty average Danish side there would have been pelters coming our way (Iceland)

I think that's a bit harsh on Denmark. They are a very good side. FIFA rankings are a bit useless, but they are ranked 10th at the moment, above Germany and the Netherlands.

3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I think that's a bit harsh on Denmark. They are a very good side. FIFA rankings are a bit useless, but they are ranked 10th at the moment, above Germany and the Netherlands.

I don’t think Denmark are a particularly a good side , wales are just shit. The major problem is uefa & fifa making qualification pretty much idiot proof . Teams like the jocks are even getting second & third chances of qualification through the nations league . However much we have to hear of plucky efforts of small countries it devalues the tournament . When the euros were 16 teams it was brilliant and of a higher standard than the World Cup apart from Brazil & Argentina being involved . 

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t think Denmark are a particularly a good side , wales are just shit. The major problem is uefa & fifa making qualification pretty much idiot proof . Teams like the jocks are even getting second & third chances of qualification through the nations league . However much we have to hear of plucky efforts of small countries it devalues the tournament . When the euros were 16 teams it was brilliant and of a higher standard than the World Cup apart from Brazil & Argentina being involved . 

Denmark have actually won the thing. We've got to one semi final. I wouldn't  be surprised at all if we end up playing them in the semi final.

The group stages are devalued because it's very easy to qualify but the last 16 onwards is quality.

49 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Wales totally fell apart after a bright start. It reminded me of that game City v Cardiff (5-0?), we were ok for 15 minutes then the shit hit the fan and programmes rained down on the pitch…?

0-6

And it wasn't programmes. It was the little leaflet Lansdown had had printed up and distributed around the ground telling us all about what a bright future in Ashton Vale Bristol City would have... :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

0-6

And it wasn't programmes. It was the little leaflet Lansdown had had printed up and distributed around the ground telling us all about what a bright future in Ashton Vale Bristol City would have... :facepalm:

oh, mine was a programme. I’ve still got it.

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

oh, mine was a programme. I’ve still got it.

You didn't throw it on the pitch?  Boooooooo!  ;) :laughcont:

What I remember about that game was there was more laughter from the City fans at how bad we were than there was anger.  The chant "We want 7!" went up after their last goal.

Archived