IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You didn't throw it on the pitch?  Boooooooo!  ;) :laughcont:

What I remember about that game was there was more laughter from the City fans at how bad we were than there was anger.  The chant "We want 7!" went up after their last goal.

yes it became laughable…gallows humour and all that! 

I remember watching the shower of programmes from the dolman going on to the pitch…it had a white cover and was given out free. Last time they ever did that!

5 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/57629385.amp

I agree with Chris Gunter - any tournament that contains awful sides like Wales is not fit for purpose. 

Wales have humiliated themselves with the no excuses but the ref, no excuses but the travel, no excuses but the fans just embarrassing in my honest opinion.

The only positive of Wales being in a major tournament is the humiliation They deserved yesterday.

They did pretty well really relative to the size of the nation. Scotland are a bigger footballing nation really but Wales are probably better. 

15 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

They were in a crap group.

Doesn't really matter, relative to the country size they punch above their weight. There's a very real possibility we could also go out at the last 16 stage. 

Just now, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

A fairly average group with Italy and even then, they lost to Italys 'reserve side'.

Both are equally mediocre. 

I'm not suggesting they're an especially good side, but they punch above their weight. It's a bit unfair to be too critical when we could easily end up going out at the same stage on Tuesday. 

2 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

A fairly average group with Italy and even then, they lost to Italys 'reserve side'.

Both are equally mediocre. 

Given the population size and the fact that football is way behind rugby I think Wales punch well above their weight. Scotland are poor though

16 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Population means nothing what is important is money and they have a stack more than the likes of Belarus and Bulgaria and other higher populated Eastern bloc etc.

Qualify for a WC then they are punching above their weight if you could remind me when that last happened?

No idea, I'm not an avid follower of Wales. Just think that relative to their country size they do pretty well.

22 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Just read all the Chris Gunter stuff :laugh:

Bitter Bastard. Getting funnier and funnier by the hour.

Love it!

If England lose 4-0 on Tuesday, we won't hear the end of it and we wouldn't be allowed any excuses.

Truth is, Wales did very well to get through their Group in 2nd, they came up against a better side and lost. They're punching above their weight and have been ever since Gary Speed (RIP) took the reigns. They were well and truly out played yesterday

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They did pretty well really relative to the size of the nation. Scotland are a bigger footballing nation really but Wales are probably better. 

Think is though, this size of the nation stuff is pretty irreverent when you pack your squad with English players with Welsh grandparents, isn’t it?

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think is though, this size of the nation stuff is pretty irreverent when you pack your squad with English players with Welsh grandparents, isn’t it?

5 of them were born in England.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/23/anthem-lessons-how-wales-bed-in-their-players-born-outside-the-country

As the only player to score for England (so far) was born in Jamaica, I'm not sure it's an argument England wants to make....

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Good point. Although Grealish and Rice could've played for Ireland. Shame we couldn't persuade Musiala!

3 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

1958. Punching they ain't. 

No problem if that's what you think, I'm clearly not going to convince you otherwise and you won't change my mind either so we should probably leave it there. 

4 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

No excuses unlike the Welsh. First it was the travel, then the lack of fans, then the ref. Truth is their a crap side full of englishman who couldn't couldn't make it for us.

They got battered but all we got was excuses embarrassing.

Do they want to know what's actually unfair.

We won our Group and didn't concede a goal yet face a team who were runners-up. Wales finished 2nd and got 4 points and also faced a runners-up team. Basically they did worse yet faced weaker opposition than we did, not what I call Sporting merit that. 

You get luck, you get bad luck, sometimes it's in your favour and sometimes it's not, they were outclassed yesterday. They were beaten easily by Italy B team and Turkey were abysmal. They got found out, simple

let me tell u even MORE about fairness. he cries about the format, but the format is the only reason wales are there in the first place. They finished 2nd in qualifying, meaning that in any other euros theyd of faced a qualfiier vs: Czech Portugal Holland Denmark Sweden Austria Turkey Russia Finland

Wales are way better than Scotland. Don’t be fooled by England’s dreadful one off performance against Scotland!!!

38 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

5 of them were born in England.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/23/anthem-lessons-how-wales-bed-in-their-players-born-outside-the-country

As the only player to score for England (so far) was born in Jamaica, I'm not sure it's an argument England wants to make....

Born in Jamaica but raised in this country, went to school in this country, played youth  football in this country etc. Different to getting a phone call saying “we notice your Grandad is Welsh”…..

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Born in Jamaica but raised in this country, went to school in this country, played youth  football in this country etc. Different to getting a phone call saying “we notice your Grandad is Welsh”…..

It's different but neither scenarios are wrong. 

1 hour ago, Marco the red said:

The same Grealish and Rice who were born in Brum and Kingston respectively unlike a stack of the Welsh side some of whom were born in Saudi and Germany.

Why are you trying to misrepresent me as some massive defender of all aspects of the Wales national team when all I said was that "in my opinion, relative to country size they do quite well"?

You obviously disagree, that's fine. Doesn't mean that I am going to defend all aspects of how the Wales national team operate from results, past performance to recruitment.

No idea, I'm not an avid follower of Wales. Just think that relative to their country size they do pretty well.

It’s like they got out of the group of death and played Argentina in the r16 game, having to travel from Iceland to New Zealand to play it. 

Plucky punching above their weight Wales getting taken apart by the Titans of Denmark and their *checks notes* 6m population. Life isn’t fair!

Just now, petehinton said:

It’s like they got out of the group of death and played Argentina in the r16 game, having to travel from Iceland to New Zealand to play it. 

Plucky punching above their weight Wales getting taken apart by the Titans of Denmark and their *checks notes* 6m population. Life isn’t fair!

Ok? Still hasn't changed my *checks notes* opinion that relative country size I think they do pretty well. 

Archived