IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

**** mate I have no idea why your post is quoted sorry, I’ll blame a stray thumb ???

I just listened to the 5 Live daily podcast featuring the Wales aftermath and I do agree it was a bit overkill. I get that they have to try and feature all the home nations equally but it was really OTT

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Do they want to know what's actually unfair.

We won our Group and didn't concede a goal yet face a team who were runners-up. Wales finished 2nd and got 4 points and also faced a runners-up team. Basically they did worse yet faced weaker opposition than we did, not what I call Sporting merit that. 

You get luck, you get bad luck, sometimes it's in your favour and sometimes it's not, they were outclassed yesterday. They were beaten easily by Italy B team and Turkey were abysmal. They got found out, simple

let me tell u even MORE about fairness. he cries about the format, but the format is the only reason wales are there in the first place. They finished 2nd in qualifying, meaning that in any other euros theyd of faced a qualfiier vs: Czech Portugal Holland Denmark Sweden Austria Turkey Russia Finland

They were like petulant children on the pitch yesterday, and Gunter has just carried on after the game.

Never liked him when he was at Forest. I remember a game there when he blatantly dived, and then later refused to throw in back to a City player after we’d kicked it out when Forest player went down injured. Both right in front of the City fans. 
I hold grudges for a long time for things like that ???

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

What happened to the conversation that Wales sing their National anthem with more pride which is why they have been better than England? ?

Didn't help them much yesterday did it

They'd have lost 7-0 if they hadn't sung their anthem passionately.

9 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Glorious chance for the Czechs there.

Enjoying this one, good battle.

Not really been a battle. One team attacking one team not interested. 

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not a bad first half that. I still can`t see anything other than a Netherlands win though.

Hopefully.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Anybody think Kalas’s body shape is a little odd? He’s obviously in decent shape but the way he walks and runs just makes everything look awkward…

I know what you mean. Kind of barrel chested, top heavy.

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

5 of them were born in England.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/23/anthem-lessons-how-wales-bed-in-their-players-born-outside-the-country

As the only player to score for England (so far) was born in Jamaica, I'm not sure it's an argument England wants to make....

People always say this about Sterling.

He came to England to live when he was 5, so unless he is some sort of child genius who knew then he was going to be an international footballer, I think it is completely different.

Since then he’s lived in England his whole life, never left, gone to school here, paid all his taxes here.

But if you want to think that is the same as deciding when you are 25 I’m English but I’m never going to play for them & then find out your Nan was from Wrexham so you pretend to be Welsh, fair enough.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

People always say this about Sterling.

He came to England to live when he was 5, so unless he is some sort of child genius who knew then he was going to be an international footballer, I think it is completely different.

Since then he’s lived in England his whole life, never left, gone to school here, paid all his taxes here.

But if you want to think that is the same as deciding when you are 25 I’m English but I’m never going to play for them & then find out your Nan was from Wrexham so you pretend to be Welsh, fair enough.

I never said it was the same. My point was it's embarrassing to go on about where Welsh players were born.

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Anybody think Kalas’s body shape is a little odd? He’s obviously in decent shape but the way he walks and runs just makes everything look awkward…

Yeah, notice that a few times during the last season. 

Can’t imagine he’s unfit, but just looks like he’s carrying some extra timber around. Must be body shape. 

Archived