IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

14 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Could that performance be more French

Only if they were wearing back and white striped tshirts, riding a bike, string of onions round the neck and a baguette under the arm. 
Oh, and that slightly down-mouthed Gallic shrug. 

Two great games.

Spain after a slow start at least in terms of possession to goals have started to step up, Croatia have beaten Spain a few times and I wondered if it might be another but no- couldn't believe how passive Croatia were in 1st half.

Tonight's game, I almost gave it a miss as you know, France v Switzerland either an easy win for France or just a bit of a stodgy game. In the past that matchup has been anyway at times, tonight was anything but!

Full credit to Switzerland overall, some great goals from both sides in the game. Pogba's lovely.

Makes the dismissal of Switzerland by Keane and Neville after the Italy game look a bit premature, not saying Switzerland are world class but they are a decent side.

Oh yeah, forgot to add, had Rodriguez scored his penalty then I think Switzerland win in normal time.

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Well that result has certainly put Garfield in the budgie cage and opened things up.  Fingers crossed we can beat the Germans tonight. Not holding my breath though.

I think it’s possible that England aren’t as bad as lots of us thought post-Scotland (which was a very unusual game). 

We’re at home tonight which is another big advantage. I think it’s a genuine 50/50 tonight. 

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Well that result has certainly put Garfield in the budgie cage and opened things up.  Fingers crossed we can beat the Germans tonight. Not holding my breath though.

The Germans are in transition and I fancy England to beat them if Southgate gives them license to play with freedom. I just hope it doesn’t go to penalties…….……..:facepalm:

I wonder if Chris Gunter was watching last night.

Maybe reflecting on an unfancied side, who’ve had to put in more miles than even the Welsh, finding themselves apparently down and out, but chose to spend the last ten minutes looking for goals instead of looking to kick lumps out of their opponents. 

13 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Wales humiliated themselves in this tournament

They did in many ways. Their reaction to getting beat by Denmark was terrible. Hissy fits all over the shop, you only have to look at the reaction of that Welsh Bristol City fan who posts on here...................

Just now, 2015 said:

I think Denmark might do a repeat of 1992. I have a feeling there could be another unexpected European Championship Winner

Also very possible. The Eriksen saga has seemingly forged a team morale like no other in the tournament.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Anyone think Switzerland might even win this tournament?

If they play like they did last night then certainly but seen it many a time after such a big win a team then struggles in the next game. 

Archived