IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Was hoping Ukraine would win as a QF tie against them should be more entertaining, think they are going to have a fair few injured still by Saturday. Good cross and header to win it, fair play to the sub who missed a sitter earlier but came back.

You will.never see Scotland celebrate like this as Hampden ?

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The idea that extra time for these 2 teams might work to Englands advantage took a blow at the end, Ukraine didn't look at all tired. 

They did lose a couple of starting players though, every little helps.

True. The number of substitutes teams can call on makes extra time more exciting than previous tournaments when it seemed that teams just played for penalties.

Not sure if it’s BBC or Sky to blame here, but I was watching on catch up, having had to take a break after the England match to put the kids to bed. 
The recording of the programme finished at half time in extra time, so I missed whatever drama occurred in 2ET. 
Great. 
Usually if a programme runs on, it still continues the recording. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not sure if it’s BBC or Sky to blame here, but I was watching on catch up, having had to take a break after the England match to put the kids to bed. 
The recording of the programme finished at half time in extra time, so I missed whatever drama occurred in 2ET. 
Great. 
Usually if a programme runs on, it still continues the recording. 

You need to be more efficient putting the kids to bed….don’t blame Sky ???

5/10 Harry ???

1 minute ago, norf bristol red said:

Sorry if anyone else has said it, but did Harry Kane’s celebration of his goal remind you of Glynn Riley scoring at Wembley?

I do know what you mean, although he would have a job jumping those electronic signs the way Riley went over the old static ones.

I thought I saw another nice touch just after the players finished the celebration, Kane turned and looked at the crowd like he was trying to commit the moment to memory.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I do know what you mean, although he would have a job jumping those electronic signs the way Riley went over the old static ones.

I thought I saw another nice touch just after the players finished the celebration, Kane turned and looked at the crowd like he was trying to commit the moment to memory.

Although Kane didn’t get cramp!!

7 hours ago, 054123 said:

Good job he didn’t lunge at the player and simply volleyed the ball ?

Unfortunately, the law doesn't require intent to endanger. It merely requires endangerment, regardless of how that's caused. By the letter of the law it's a red.

Should it be a red? Not in my opinion. I think we agree there.

The law needs an addition to clarify either what "endanger" means, or by the addition of a defined set of actions that are presumed not to cause "endangerment".

The Ukraine game will be tough IMO, especially being away from Wembley for the first time and with us having to handle the pressure of being favourites. That said, Austria and Holland beat them in the group stages and we will never have a better chance of getting to a final. Just hope we don’t put in a drab display after last night’s Lord Mayor’s show. 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

23 years ago since David Beckham got sent off against Argentina. 

I think that was the first time football broke my heart.

I remember Euro 96 and I watched it all, but I was just a little too young to get the emotions of it.

France 98 was the first time I was fully invested in it, I really thought we were going to beat Argentina and I remember all the fall out for Beckham after that.

2 hours ago, Redstart said:

Bearing in mind how crap we usually play against Sweden, with Ukraine knocking them out and Mueller missing that sitter last night, I'd go buy a lottery ticket today if I was Southgate - he's on a roll ?

I hadn't realised how bad our record against them was, as we've won 3 of the last 4. I'm not sure though how relevant our performances 15 years ago (or even the previous game 9 years ago) are to how we'd play against them now, more accurate is how we dispatched of them very comfortably at the WC

I think Ukraine is the better pick, they look like they are struggling with injuries and fitness

31 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I think that was the first time football broke my heart.

I remember Euro 96 and I watched it all, but I was just a little too young to get the emotions of it.

France 98 was the first time I was fully invested in it, I really thought we were going to beat Argentina and I remember all the fall out for Beckham after that.

For me, it was another event that somehow ruined our chances, again. Like Michael Owen getting injured in the first five minutes, Becks' metatarsal, a dodgy ref decision…(not necessarily listed in chronological order)

20 minutes ago, 2015 said:

So, are Scotland still celebrating their 0-0 Victory against us?

Commemorative DVD out later this week.

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

For me, it was another event that somehow ruined our chances, again. Like Michael Owen getting injured in the first five minutes, Becks' metatarsal, a dodgy ref decision…(not necessarily listed in chronological order)

Rooney going off injured in the QF in 2004 is the one for me, I remain convinced we'd have won the whole thing without that.

Archived