IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Jesus Christ… why can’t we play like Italy? We have better players!

Its so infuriating that other teams play as a team and we (City/England) struggle. 

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Lukaku is going to bury

Outrageous transfer rumour!

10 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Although I want England to win it, I have to say I really admire the way Italy have played. Best TEAM in the competition by a country mile. 

They are almost relentless in their desire to get the ball forward as quickly as possible- the opposite to England.

When they do get to the last third they have so many players forward that they can recycle the ball and keep pressure on.

Having said all of that Belgium have done pretty well and really should have had an equalizer.

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Its so infuriating that other teams play as a team and we (City/England) struggle. 

But apparently it’s all Southgate’s master plan..

20 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I doubt Mancini would want to replace Jorginho, Verratti and Barella with Rice, Phillips and Mount.

No doubt he would replace Immobile with Kane - provided Kane put in as much running.

Otherwise I struggle to see who from our players would get in their side. Even Sterling would struggle to oust Chiesa or Insigne the way they are playing.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Best team in the tournament by far, didn’t realise they were this good, England certainly do have the players but It’s not Southgate’s style to play them

22 minutes ago, 22A said:

I know some of the games are being played in neutral countries and some locals turn up to watch an wave their own nation flags. 

Draped over the edge of one stand in St Petersburg, there was a Russian flag (fair enough) and next to it, that of one of the former Soviet republics. Then at the start of the 73rd minute, there was a clear view of a Pakistan flag!

During the Switzerland v Spain game the camera panned to somebody in the crowd holding up a sign that said "Honolulu". 

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I doubt Mancini would want to replace Jorginho, Varetti and Barella with Rice, Phillips and Mount.

No doubt he would replace Immobile with Kane - provided Kane put in as much running.

Otherwise I struggle to see who from our players would get in their side. Even Sterling would struggle to oust Chiesa or Insigne the way they are playing.

I think you’d certainly have an argument for Pickford, in the form he is currently in he walks in to any team as the number 1 IMO.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

I think you’d certainly have an argument for Pickford, in the form he is currently in he walks in to any team as the number 1 IMO.

He’s barely had a thing to do, the Swiss keeper is decent, Grealish would get in any team (bar England)

Someone explain to me what the Belgian did to cause  free kick to be given?

The  keeper collided with his own defender!

P.S. An Italian has just gone down and looks like he needs his appendix removed! 

For all that they are a superb team they are also probably the most cynical when it comes to “game management"

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Given Donnarumma rather than Pickford is joining PSG I would disagree.

Though Pickford is doing well, I read earlier today that he has only had to make 6 saves!

Archived