IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

6 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

England have exceeded my expectations.

I didn't expect them to get any further than the last 16 and now, we're already in the last 13....bravo England !

Since Euro 96, England have won a total of TWO (let that sink in) games at knockout stage in either European or World Cup Competitions. We managed to beat Denmark and Ecuador, TWO wins at knockout stage in 20 years, If you want to go back further we beat Paraguay at Mexico 1986, Belgium and Cameroon at Italia 90...and err that's it. A rip roaring FIVE victories at knockout stage since winning the World Cup in 1966. FIVE wins in 55 years. Sort of puts it into perspective about how poor we actually are. Shockin' innit?

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Since Euro 96, England have won a total of TWO (let that sink in) games at knockout stage in either European or World Cup Competitions. We managed to beat Denmark and Ecuador, TWO wins at knockout stage in 20 years, If you want to go back further we beat Paraguay at Mexico 1986, Belgium and Cameroon at Italia 90...and err that's it. A rip roaring FIVE victories at knockout stage since winning the World Cup in 1966. FIVE wins in 50 years. Sort of puts it into perspective about how poor we actually are. Shockin' innit?

Colombia and Sweden in the last World Cup?

Watching Belgium v Portugal, it seemed that the Belgians were quicker than the Portuguese. Also, if  pressed, the defenders did not pass back to their goalie, but looked up and passed the ball across the field to an unmarked team mate.

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Since Euro 96, England have won a total of TWO (let that sink in) games at knockout stage in either European or World Cup Competitions. We managed to beat Denmark and Ecuador, TWO wins at knockout stage in 20 years, If you want to go back further we beat Paraguay at Mexico 1986, Belgium and Cameroon at Italia 90...and err that's it. A rip roaring FIVE victories at knockout stage since winning the World Cup in 1966. FIVE wins in 50 years. Sort of puts it into perspective about how poor we actually are. Shockin' innit?

You missed Colombia and Sweden in 2018 to be fair.

Our knockout record is poor though.

13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Emma Hayes' voice gets right on my tits.

And she talks to us like no one watching has ever watched a game of football in their life, and needs everything explaining to them.

Rant over. I'll put my helmet on.

Heard her name a lot this month. Is she a new journalist or just a presenter ITV have?

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Heard her name a lot this month. Is she a new journalist or just a presenter ITV have?

No, she is co-commentator on the Spain Croatia game. Chelsea womens manager.

Every time she speaks, she sounds like she's patronising you. I don't know, maybe it's just the tone of her voice. And before anyone says I'm being sexist, I like all the other female pundits.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

No, she is co-commentator on the Spain Croatia game. Chelsea womens manager.

Every time she speaks, she sounds like she's patronising you. I don't know, maybe it's just the tone of her voice. And before anyone says I'm being sexist, I like all the other female pundits.

Ah right. I don't follow the ladies game.

Yeh her tempo is a little slow, and to my ear she emphasises odd syllables at times. Still - better than Savage or Jenas to be fair.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ah right. I don't follow the ladies game.

Yeh her tempo is a little slow, and to my ear she emphasises odd syllables at times. Still - better than Savage or Jenas to be fair.

I've never had to turn either of those down. I'm watching it on silent. The other commentator is dreadful but she is unbearable.

Archived