IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting selection implications then. Sancho will play in a front 3 with Kane and Sterling.. so will be interesting to see what happens with the midfield. You’d assume Mount would come in and at least one of Rice/Phillips would be rested.

I wonder if he will go: 

Henderson - Mount

Grealish

Would be a far more attacking move. Mount can play a bit deeper also with Henderson being a pure defensive midfielder. 

He won't change the 2 in the middle. Grealish won't start.

2 changes likely to be Mount for Trippier and Sancho for Saka.

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting selection implications then. Sancho will play in a front 3 with Kane and Sterling.. so will be interesting to see what happens with the midfield. You’d assume Mount would come in and at least one of Rice/Phillips would be rested.

I wonder if he will go: 

Henderson - Mount

Grealish

Would be a far more attacking move. Mount can play a bit deeper also with Henderson being a pure defensive midfielder. 

Sounds like there's no plan to change the middle two, if they get suspended they get suspended and there's faith in the quality of the squad to come in and do the job

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

We shall see. Resting players in a quarter final seems mental to me. 

The danger in making changes because of concerns ove suspensions is that it smacks of looking ahead rather than focusing on the next game. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If we win today then GS can worry about selection for the semi if he loses a player for any reason - that's what he has a squad for. 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

We shall see. Resting players in a quarter final seems mental to me. 

I hope not as the pair of them are doing really well. They were mature enough to stay on a yellow vs Germany so should manage it today when, theoretically, we won't be under as much pressure and will have more of the ball.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

The danger in making changes because of concerns ove suspensions is that it smacks of looking ahead rather than focusing on the next game. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If we win today then GS can worry about selection for the semi if he loses a player for any reason - that's what he has a squad for. 

Good point

I’m a little bit torn over the first goal.

Im not a fan of VAR and in the main enjoy the game being simply a game.

However if there is VAR, shouldn’t somebody just be letting the ref know it’s a goal kick?

6 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

BREAKING | England vs Ukraine has been POSTPONED ❌ Following a positive COVID case in the Ukraine camp the game is off. Striker Tickli Chestycov tested positive. UEFA are looking to reschedule the game.

Won’t believe this until it appears  on the main site ………?

Archived