IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Was it kalas who just scuffed a clearance and had to make challenges to block subsequent chances?

Didn't even look like a clearance, just a straight up pass to their striker under no serious pressure 

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

So how do you know that the three named are any worse than the Daily Mirage or Guardian ?

Where did they say the Guardian was any better than the Mail?

All they said was that the Mail's relationship with the truth is distant at best, which is an indisputable fact. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Well you obviously read viz which coincidently I stopped reading in 1997.

Where did I say I read it?

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

So how do you know that the three named are any worse than the Daily Mirage or Guardian ?

I don't remember saying I read the Mirror or Guardian, weird to bring them up.

You don't have to read a newspaper to find out the nonsense they print. Again, it's not 1997, there are lots of ways of seeing what the papers are saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Ok I'm gonna tempt fate here, but I will be AMAZED if England cannot beat either of these sides in the remaining 2 games

Certainly, on paper, and based on just 15mins of this game and yesterday, you'd think we should be topping this group.

24 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The BBC presentation is insufferable on this match - if the presenter gets any more excited she’s going to have an accident 

Probably no worse than coverage of an England match, we just don't notice it so much then!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Certainly, on paper, and based on just 15mins of this game and yesterday, you'd think we should be topping this group.

I think we will. I predict we will beat both and finish in 9 points. Nothing in this group should worry us really. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Probably no worse than coverage of an England match, we just don't notice it so much then!

Just me who finds it cringe how we always go back to talking about Euro 96? Seems to have got worse the last 2 Tournaments.

9 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Ok I'm gonna tempt fate here, but I will be AMAZED if England cannot beat either of these sides in the remaining 2 games

I reckon Scotland will perform better vs us than they are here at the moment, they will be so fired up I imagine. 

To beat us at Wembley will be their highlight for years and years. 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I reckon Scotland will perform better vs us than they are here at the moment, they will be so fired up I imagine

They were in 2016 - then they lost 3-0. I expect our own players to be fired up too

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Just me who finds it cringe how we always go back to talking about Euro 96? Seems to have got worse the last 2 Tournaments.

One good game v Holland.

If we were decent in any way, we with would have romped that tournament.

2002 World Cup was the biggest missed opportunity, I don’t think you’ll find a poorer overall standard of teams in modern history. Complete balls up

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

One good game v Holland.

2002 World Cup was the biggest missed opportunity, I don’t think you’ll find a poorer overall standard of teams in Nederland history. Complete balls up

Euro 2004 for me. The squad was better in 2004 than 2002. Rooney went off injured early on vs Portugal, we were not the same team from then on in that match

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Euro 2004 for me. The squad was better in 2004 than 2002. Rooney went off injured early on vs Portugal, we were not the same team from then on in that match

Both to be fair.

Germans wouldn’t have let opportunities like those slip.

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

2002 World Cup was the biggest missed opportunity, I don’t think you’ll find a poorer overall standard of teams in modern history. Complete balls up

Yeah that was the year we really could have won it. Brazil were better than us, but not by much and there was no other real competition at all. If we had snuck past Brazil......😢

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

One good game v Holland.

04' was for me. Saying that all of the 02, 04 and 06 squads were pretty strong.

I think this is the best squad we've had since 06. 

• Like 2