IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

So many sloppy misplaced passes from the Germans going forwards, France haven't dominated play but have shown much higher quality in moments. To be honest I thought Germany would win the group with home advantage but I was counting on people underestimating them which doesnt look to be the case. The disallowed Mbappe goal was superb, watching this group with interest as I can see England getting the 2nd placed team in last 16, based on what I've seen today I'm just thinking please not France.

Just now, Baba Yaga said:

So many sloppy misplaced passes from the Germans going forwards, France haven't dominated play but have shown much higher quality in moments. To be honest I thought Germany would win the group with home advantage but I was counting on people underestimating them which doesnt look to be the case. The disallowed Mbappe goal was superb, watching this group with interest as I can see England getting the 2nd placed team in last 16, based on what I've seen today I'm just thinking please not France.

I would think France to win the group with Portugal runners up.

59 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Greenpeace adding to this over politicised euro's. Perhaps something less dangerous next time guys? Football has to distance itself form politics!

And pray tell how is that gonna happen?............politics and sport will always be bedfellows,  you are dealing with a complicated scenario, and the two will remain inseparable, due to human nature IMHO.    .

I can't see France winning it, I thought they were decidedly average tonight.  They will probably improve as the tournament progresses, but i can definitely see a side beating them. I was really looking forward to this game, but was disappointed, and  I thought for two heavy weights, there were too many misplaced passes and a lack of ideas.  But i guess any side with Kante and Mbappe always has more than a chance?  But i will be backing either Italy or Belgium to win it. 

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I can't see France winning it, I thought they were decidedly average tonight.  They will probably improve as the tournament progresses, but i can definitely see a side beating them. I was really looking forward to this game, but was disappointed, and  I thought for two heavy weights, there were too many misplaced passes and a lack of ideas.  But i guess any side with Kante and Mbappe always has more than a chance?  But i will be backing either Italy or Belgium to win it. 

France didn’t get out of first gear . Played well within themselves 

35 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Me too. Thought they took their foot off the gas a bit, almost like a bit of arrogance about them. I could see an Italy nicking a 1-0 against them

France’s defence near perfect tonight. Made it look easy to keep Germany out. An underrated skill that goes unnoticed a lot.  France could have won 3-0 but for 2 narrow offsides and then those who say they were just okay would be saying how superb they played. 

As someone who wants Germany to do well, once again Low got it wrong. Kimmich needs to play in central midfield and Werner has to start.  Wanted him out 4 years ago so looking forward to when he finally leaves them next month 

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Dutch, the ones that play in orange. Not Belgium although they’re not to bad to watch.

"The Dutch"........is The Netherlands, 'Holland' is a region in the west of the Netherlands - like for example Wales is a part of the UK - I worked in the Netherlands for a few years and referring to the country as 'Holland' winds them up.

I think that was what RedorDeadBCFC was meaning in his post.

It's so early still, no team wants to fly out the traps yet. You want to peak later, so we won't see the best for another 2 weeks or so. 

That said France looked comfortable, good in possession, defensively sound and had 2 goals ruled out by small margins. Early signs of better things. 

21 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

"The Dutch"........is The Netherlands, 'Holland' is a region in the west of the Netherlands - like for example Wales is a part of the UK - I worked in the Netherlands for a few years and referring to the country as 'Holland' winds them up.

I think that was what RedorDeadBCFC was meaning in his post.

Which bit of Holland is Belgium in though?

On 12/06/2021 at 21:26, havanatopia said:

Is that right? First game I mean. Wow. I never knew that. Good for them and as others have said their defence was very solid.

Always build from the back as Nigel reminded us all yesterday.

Thought they may have qualified for a tournament back in the 50's or maybe early 60's. 

Your post did prompt me to check, but yep sure first game and first win- first goal and clean sheet too. Built from back and took their chance when it came- very solid like you say and now have a realistic chance IMO of progressing into the last 16.

Archived