IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

I did not enjoy listening to the continued shouting by the commentator in the Wales game as it neared the end

"Get it in the corner! Get it in the corner"! Instead however the Welsh continued attach=king and scored a second goal.

When England were winning 3-2 in 1966, did Ken Wolstenholme shout "Get it in the corner" at Geoff Hurst?

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

I did not enjoy listening to the continued shouting by the commentator in the Wales game as it neared the end

"Get it in the corner! Get it in the corner"! Instead however the Welsh continued attach=king and scored a second goal.

When England were winning 3-2 in 1966, did Ken Wolstenholme shout "Get it in the corner" at Geoff Hurst?

No because he thought the game was all over

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Denmark 1-0 v Belgium- this Group could be fantastic if it stays this way...

To be honest I think these 2 clubs are far better than the other 2 but it would be set up very nicely for the final games. Think Belgium need to bring on some subs sooner rather than later to shake things up a bit.

7 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

To be honest I think these 2 clubs are far better than the other 2 but it would be set up very nicely for the final games. Think Belgium need to bring on some subs sooner rather than later to shake things up a bit.

Oh yeah, definitely the best 2 sides- but all 4 teams on 3 points albeit too early to say, would make for a very interesting final round of games, especially with both kicking off at the same time.

Bit surprised to see, commentators mentioned it Denmark matching up- they usually in recent years have been 4-3-3 regardless.

Thought Denmark deserved more tbh a draw perhaps, a reasonable number of chances, nearly equal in possession- impressive comeback but Belgium absorbed pressure at times- Braithwaite hit bar late on.

Tyldesley, no surprise to hear him sucking up to the big side, the fancied side- excellent players though they have.

XG was interesting- not decisive but interesting.

As for Italy v Switzerland last night, strong side for sure Italy but not quite buying into the hype. Don't necessarily agree with Keane and Neville either but Switzerland we know are a solid mid ranking European side. Italy made them look quite poor- Switzerland, are quite positive, clearly technically good, some reasonable players in other areas but post Frei, Streller, Yakin not terribly clinical. Possibly a bit defensively weaker than a few years ago too?

Italy- excellent pressing, strong midfield- a midfield also missing Verratti still to return, strong defensively with an impressive GK too and good in wide areas. Will they be sufficiently clinical vs top sides, stronger contenders though, I have my doubts, plus Chiellini- aged 36 and Bonucci- 34 at CB, in a high line, positive side- that can be exposed.

31 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Austria are poor .

No ideals in the final third or midfield come to that.

The Dutch , if that’s what they are called these days , are streets ahead even without the likes of Gullit, Van Bastien, Van de Saar, Van Nistelroy...

I like De Ligt he is a world class defender.

I'm informed that they like to be called Ned.

Anyone else totally bored of the Euros already? There seems like such a gulf between the usual big countries and the rest. Finishing third to qualify makes a mockery of the group stage and 24 teams leading to fixtures like Ukraine v Northern Macedonia, do me a favour.

Hopefully it'll liven up during the knockout stages but at this point it's a total turnoff

Archived