IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

29 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Nagy putting in a pretty good shift for Hungary, from what I’ve seen so far. Most on OTIB seem to want to see him moved on. Not so sure myself. If Big Nige wants fitness, effort and commitment, he could do a lot worse than hang on to him.

25 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Good for Jonathan Pearce with his regular City mentions.

I've always liked Nagy. We've not often played to his strengths. Hope we keep him.

Therein lies the problem I think. He's a regular international, and in fairness probably playing amongst a better calibre of players than we have here.

Nagy is not the first player to come here and be played in a position that doesn't play to his strengths though.

He does have the quality about him, but he needs the players around him to bring it out. 

Put him in a side like West Brom's and we'd see a completely different player.

13 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Good for Jonathan Pearce with his regular City mentions.

I've always liked Nagy. We've not often played to his strengths. Hope we keep him.

JP just used “discombobulated” to describe France.

Never heard that in a football commentary - nice one Jonathan!

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

JP just used “discombobulated” to describe France.

Never heard that in a football commentary - nice one Jonathan!

He's a bit marmite I know but JP is a footballing voice from another era...a commentator with character.

Good for him. I enjoy his matches. The current crop are identikit nondescripts by comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

He's a bit marmite I know but JP is a footballing voice from another era...a commentator with character.

Good for him. I enjoy his matches. The current crop are identikit nondescripts by comparison. 

He’s a bit Motsonesque 

Southgate thinks that Mbappe would make a real difference to the England team

playing just behind Rice and Phillips shielding the back 4!

16 hours ago, INCRED said:

They won’t beat Croatia and they will be dumped out of the tournament 

But they got a draw with the mighty English ???

And that’s the extent of their ambition 

Scotland are the Gas of international football.

38 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Nagy putting in a pretty good shift for Hungary, from what I’ve seen so far. Most on OTIB seem to want to see him moved on. Not so sure myself. If Big Nige wants fitness, effort and commitment, he could do a lot worse than hang on to him.

Agreed, if he’s good enough to represent his country at a major tournament then he’s good enough for us.

45 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

His 50th cap for Hungary

Archived