IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

One more thing, disappointed indeed with the lack of pressing and hunger by us.

Can understand it when it is hot, sticky etc, especially early tournament but didn't seem like it was necessary, the rain was coming down, it can't have been that hot- get after them, you will have more possession- you can have a combination of stretching the opposition with quick moving possession, plus seeking to drag them out of shape and pressing hard without it due to the periods where you can rest in possession a bit- even if they are deep, it's a mental strain without the ball- if done right it's excellent, mixture of quick and resting with, intensity without, opposition can give it away again. We certainly didn't do that for any prolonged period tonight.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One more thing, disappointed indeed with the lack of pressing and hunger by us.

Can understand it when it is hot, sticky etc, especially early tournament but didn't seem like it was necessary, the rain was coming down, it can't have been that hot- get after them, you will have more possession- you can have a combination of stretching the opposition with quick moving possession, plus seeking to drag them out of shape and pressing hard without it due to the periods where you can rest in possession a bit- even if they are deep, it's a mental strain without the ball- if done right it's excellent, mixture of quick and resting with, intensity without, opposition can give it away again. We certainly didn't do that for any prolonged period tonight.

It was “edge of the seat stuff” according to the itv commentator! 🙄

the fans in the stadium were certainly on the edge of their seats…🙄

10 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It was a controlled good performance. No hype - not amazing but good. 

You are easily pleased, it was the usual dull, insipid unimaginative performance we are used to from England at major tournaments, it mirrors our constantly woeful choices of manager

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, harrys said:

You are easily pleased, it was the usual dull, insipid unimaginative performance we are used to from England at major tournaments, it mirrors our constantly woeful choices of manager

I thought we weren't bad opening game v Croatia but certainly worse with little to be positive about last night.

8 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It was “edge of the seat stuff” according to the itv commentator! 🙄

the fans in the stadium were certainly on the edge of their seats…🙄

We laughed at this. I have done a load of early hours, and extra hours at work this week and was shattered and briefly fell asleep during the match whilst sat on my sofa. I NEVER fall asleep in front of the tv, ever! It amused my family. Did I miss much 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedM said:

We laughed at this. I have done a load of early hours, and extra hours at work this week and was shattered and briefly fell asleep during the match whilst sat on my sofa. I NEVER fall asleep in front of the tv, ever! It amused my family. Did I miss much 😀

As long as you didn’t fall off the edge of the sofa! 😂

lots of sideways passing, so pretty familiar 🥱😴🤫

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, harrys said:

It’s more than who’s manager. We’ve had top quality managers in the past that have done no better.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Anyone who hasn't already done so in the thread please make a point of praising Scotland because, if you don't, Graeme Souness will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you.

Apparently he takes his teeth out and clips his toenails with them.

• Like 1

It's f@&king dull
It's f@&king dull
It's boring
England's f@&ing dull

Everyone in the crowd will snore
They've been through it before
They just know
We're a bore

And after seven balls to nowhere
No one seems to care
Please don't play the ball there
This takes forever

1 shot on their goal
20 passes sideways
Kane is slow as hell 
Stirling on his off days

So many balls so little skill
Like running up a hill
Wears you down
And yet still

Southgate won't make a sub
Glad I'm not in the pub
Cause I'm barely awake
And I'm still singing

It's f@&king dull
It's f@&king dull
It's boring
England's f@&ing dull

2 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

It’s more than who’s manager. We’ve had top quality managers in the past that have done no better.

Not sure about top quality managers, Capello was successful at club level but played dull dull football the likes of Hodgson, fat Sam, McClaren, Keegan and this Guy we have now should of been nowhere near the England job

• Like 1

So; the Final of the Euro football tournament is scheduled to be played at Wembley. UEFA are now threatening to move the match unless the visiting VIPs are allowed to be exempt from quarantine regulations. There are 2,500 visiting VIPs, so that's 2,500 less genuine fans who won't be able to get tickets.
How about the VIPs stating "Due to the ongoing pandemic, sadly, none of us will be travelling to the final, regardless of where it's played"?

13 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Jonathan Pearce with his first Bristol City reference in the build up to Hungary vs France! Nagy vs Pogba.......

Jonathan - don’t care what’s going on on the pitch I will just blind you with trivia - Pearce.

• Like 1

Nagy putting in a pretty good shift for Hungary, from what I’ve seen so far. Most on OTIB seem to want to see him moved on. Not so sure myself. If Big Nige wants fitness, effort and commitment, he could do a lot worse than hang on to him.

• Like 6