Jump to content
IGNORED

Euro 2021/21


daored

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

On watching the replay, sort of Orange for me. 

I think the fact that the Italian players foot was firmly on the ground is what made it particularly dangerous. That and the fact that - rightly or wrongly - UEFA has been clear that those challenges will get reds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Numero Uno said:

The problem being every player knows that these tournaments aren’t refereed like English football.

It was silly no doubt, no point in risking it. I'm fairly certain that VAR wouldn't have turned it over the other way had the ref given a yellow. I also don't think the ref would have given a red to an Italian player for the same challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Think most of the Wales players have been ball watching today. When we played Turkey we had belief that we could get something but this game we look scared. But in the players defence Italy have been a joy to watch (feel guilty saying that) even if it is their second team. I think Italy are going to go a lot further than some initially thought. 
And now it’s just got worse down to 10 men. 

It is certainly not an easy job but for me Morrell has stood out as being the worst. He gave it away before the free kick that Italy hit the post from. And generally he has looks so off the pace. Not all Wales players have been that bad imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, !james said:

Yeah red for me, reckless and no need. Embarrassing listening to Hartson trying to justify it 

Earlier in the first half he described as “a good foul” one where the Welsh player went in studs first into the Italian players shin.

1 minute ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

It was silly no doubt, no point in risking it. I'm fairly certain that VAR wouldn't have turned it over the other way had the ref given a yellow. I also don't think the ref would have given a red to an Italian player for the same challenge. 

Why not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

It was silly no doubt, no point in risking it. I'm fairly certain that VAR wouldn't have turned it over the other way had the ref given a yellow. I also don't think the ref would have given a red to an Italian player for the same challenge. 

Goes back to what @Fordy62said. It’s like an “orange” challenge if that existed. In the Prem you get one more chance, in Europe flip a coin!!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It is certainly not an easy job but for me Morrell has stood out as being the worst. He gave it away before the free kick that Italy hit the post from. And generally he has looks so off the pace. Not all Wales players have been that bad imo. 

Possibly but today’s my day to be negative to my team. You lot had yours Friday 🤣

One of my best Wales games was when we beat Italy 2-1 in the Millennium stadium. But typing this and watching Bale miss that one I very much doubt it. Plus their goalie has not conceded more than one goal per international game I think. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Goes back to what @Fordy62said. It’s like an “orange” challenge if that existed. In the Prem you get one more chance, in Europe flip a coin!!

My feeling is that in a match like this the ref has the opportunity to demonstrate intelligence. 50-50 decision = exercise discretion. Red card decision ruins the match - as he must know. I'm thinking back to that ridiculous 'letter of the law' Semenyo sending off a season or two ago.

Of course if you love Italy or hate Wales it's a gift!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

My feeling is that in a match like this the ref has the opportunity to demonstrate intelligence. 50-50 decision = exercise discretion. Red card decision ruins the match - as he must know. I'm thinking back to that ridiculous 'letter of the law' Semenyo sending off a season or two ago.

Of course if you love Italy or hate Wales it's a gift!

 

 

Yes, wouldn’t argue with that. If he’d given a yellow I don’t think he’d have had any arguments. And like @NorthBris_Southstand said earlier, no way VAR would have said otherwise. But equally no way VAR are going to over rule the red. It was dangerous. I thought Kieffer Moore was lucky to get away without a yellow just now for that elbow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, italian dave said:

Yes, wouldn’t argue with that. If he’d given a yellow I don’t think he’d have had any arguments. And like @NorthBris_Southstand said earlier, no way VAR would have said otherwise. But equally no way VAR are going to over rule the red. It was dangerous. I thought Kieffer Moore was lucky to get away without a yellow just now for that elbow. 

Personally I love Italy...and had tickets to this match - and all their group matches in Rome - before the re-ballots

But Italy don't need the ref to help them out. Wales need all the help they can get!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Personally I love Italy...and had tickets to this match - and all their group matches in Rome - before the re-ballots

But Italy don't need the ref to help them out. Wales need all the help they can get!

 

Think they’ll both get what they want now! Shades of Coventry 77 just now!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

Happy to get out of this with just a 1-0, especially so with 10 men. I really think Italy will do well. One of the few teams in this tournament with a truly top class manager. 

I think Italy were happy with a win and yet another clean sheet. 11 now, I think. And with pretty much a reserve side.

As for Wales, fantastic achievement to go through in second place. Just pray that their next game is on BBC and we don’t have to listen to another 90 minutes of John Hartson. By some distance the most irritating commentator so far for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think Italy were happy with a win and yet another clean sheet. 11 now, I think. And with pretty much a reserve side.

As for Wales, fantastic achievement to go through in second place. Just pray that their next game is on BBC and we don’t have to listen to another 90 minutes of John Hartson. By some distance the most irritating commentator so far for me. 

BBC = Robbie Savage on comms though. Hartson over him every day of the week. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think Italy were happy with a win and yet another clean sheet. 11 now, I think. And with pretty much a reserve side.

As for Wales, fantastic achievement to go through in second place. Just pray that their next game is on BBC and we don’t have to listen to another 90 minutes of John Hartson. By some distance the most irritating commentator so far for me. 

Not sure how “fantastic” it is to beat the worst team in the tournament (along with North Macedonia) & steal a point when outplayed by Switzerland.

With their luck they’ll get Russia & fluke a win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...