IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Swiss created lots of good chances in the 2nd from open play and looked a handful at set pieces all game. Have definitely dropped 2 pts here. Embolo gave the Welsh defence problems and they were hanging on at times. Fair play to Kieffer Moore though if you can set him up then that's what he does. It's going to be interesting next game because they are going to probably be up against it again versus Turkey, if you can't be good be lucky as the saying goes.

3 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

If England had turned in that performance they would get panned. As usual we have a Wales love-in on the BBC irrespective of how they play

Tbf there is a huge difference in talent pools between the two isn't there - Wales starting 11 half full of championship players and England's half full of championship and champions league winners. Surely performance level expectations should be widely different too?

17 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Tbf there is a huge difference in talent pools between the two isn't there - Wales starting 11 half full of championship players and England's half full of championship and champions league winners. Surely performance level expectations should be widely different too?

I’m not saying the two should be considered equal, but Wales are not above criticism if they don’t play to their capabilities

35 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

If England had turned in that performance they would get panned. As usual we have a Wales love-in on the BBC irrespective of how they play

100%.

For some inexplicable reason England also always has some non English person involved, in the past Lawrenson, Townsend, Giggs (where is he at present?) or Roy Keane.

The panel for Wales & those sent to this tournament (I bet Jason Mohammed is there) has probably halved unemployment over the bridge..

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Decent crowd in Copenhagen - anyone know what percentage of capacity it is?

Our own JP commentating - time of the first BCFC reference? I`m going 12 minutes.

Is there any tenuous connection between us and these two teams? Had it actually been in 2020 I guess we may have had Maenpaa in the Finnish squad, but obviously no longer.

Can't think of another recent Finnish or Danish City player...mind may have gone blank though.

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Don't quite understand why people are spunking all over Italy, thought they looked bang average in attack with technically poor forward players by their standards. Yes they looked a good team unit in terms of shape and closing players down, but cmon, that Turkey team was shocking energy wise and were all over the place second half.

Let's hold judgement until they come up against a much better side.

Could've easily finished 5-0 and the Italians didn't need to get out of second gear. 

The Turks were organised, but the reason they only got one shot off was that they couldn't get the ball past the Italian midfield. 

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is there any tenuous connection between us and these two teams? Had it actually been in 2020 I guess we may have had Maenpaa in the Finnish squad, but obviously no longer.

Can't think of another recent Finnish or Danish City player...mind may have gone blank though.

Maenpaa actually featured in a few games for them prior to tournament, after helping his current side reach Serie A.

Like the Finns, even though their 3rd keeper is with the blue few.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Maenpaa actually featured in a few games for them prior to tournament, after helping his current side reach Serie A.

Which PW just had to mention in their Tyrone Mings feature in the week - not a word about Tomas or Adam though......................

It shouldn`t annoy me but it does!

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

And there it is. As tenuous a link as they come, but I'm sure that's enough for JP to shoehorn in something about the City.

Denmark on top, my 0-0 prediction is looking overly cautious.

Apparently Denmark's Thomas Delaney is Red-Green Colourblind, which apart from presenting difficulty with red and green can also mean problems in differentiating shades of yellow. Just amused by the fact Denmark play in red, their keeper is in green and both the ref and the Finnish keeper are in shades of yellow. Wonder what he sees. 

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Apparently Denmark's Thomas Delaney is Red-Green Colourblind, which apart from presenting difficulty with red and green can also mean problems in differentiating shades of yellow. Just amused by the fact Denmark play in red, their keeper is in green and both the ref and the Finnish keeper are in shades of yellow. Wonder what he sees. 

As someone who's colourblind I can say that this game is actually fine. For me these shades of red, green and yellow are distinct enough. The only slight issue is Finland's goalie is blending into the grass a little, but it's not too bad.

Personally I find a game like Wales v Ireland tougher. The other things are things like our purple shirts - I don't think I see those as nearly as violently purple, not the lime green as violently green, as those with normal colour sight. If Denmark were wearing our purple kit then I'd have real issues distinguishing their players from Finland.

The other thing in sport is that I don't believe the clear lie that there is a "brown" ball on a snooker table.

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

50 shades of grey?

Archived