IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Improvement over the Scotland game which is great to see but this is so dull to watch. We have so much quality but where's the flowing creative rhythm and pace. Everything is so slow with constant passes back to defence and Pickford.  This reminds me of LJs team when we were tactically set up to be so cautious and always pass backwards hoping to scrape out the 1 nil wins.

We're going to be taught how to play football in the next round.

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 2

Just now, Midred said:

Is it a confidence problem with Kane and would he be picked if he wasn't captain?

Doesn't form count if you're captain?

He doesn't look sharp. Perhaps those ankles are being managed. I would've given Calvert-Lewin a run out.

An antidote to insomnia.

That pretty much sums up my impression of England so far in this tournament.

I have very little...well, actually no...confidence in our prospects against the likes of France or Germany, but I suppose you have to say the bottom line is this:

England win and go through. Scotland lose and go out.

I'd buy that for a pound any day of the week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OneCity said:

An antidote to insomnia.

That pretty much sums up my impression of England so far in this tournament.

I have very little...well, actually no...confidence in our prospects against the likes of France or Germany, but I suppose you have to say the bottom line is this:

England win and go through. Scotland lose and go out.

I'd buy that for a pound any day of the week!

It worked for me, I couldn't stay awake after 70 mins or so.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Why the negativity? Won the group fairly easily no injuries. Tournament starts now.

Yep. They've just made the point on the TV that if France, Germany etc had gone through in this way everyone would be saying how they're quietly and assuredly going about their business. England do the same and we're crap and boring will be beaten by the first good team we face.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. They've just made the point in the TV that if France, Germany etc had gone through in this way everyone would be saying how they're quietly and assuredly going about their business. England do the same and we're crap and boring will be beaten by the first good team we face.

Very true, but I tend to take the same approach with England that I do with City. Try to never get excited because you know you'll be let down in the end!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Its all just a bit dull.

It was okay. And it was excellent compared to the shite we have put up with for the last few years wstching city