IGNORED

Positive signs - Dasilva and Bakinson

AshtonRobin21

It's good to see Jay Dasilva and Tyreeq Bakinson putting the work in early during their time off. 

On Dasilva's Instagram, he has posted a video of the two of them training, alongside Dasilva's brother. 

Whilst many players will currently be off on their holidays, it's a credit to them that they are working hard. 

The young players in the squad may just have the desire and determination required to put themselves at the forefront of Pearson's plans. 

A fully fit Dasilva is up there in the top bracket of Left backs in the championship. And if Bakinson can improve his stamina, to match his technical ability, he could be a stand out. 

2 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

It's good to see Jay Dasilva and Tyreeq Bakinson putting the work in early during their time off. 

On Dasilva's Instagram, he has posted a video of the two of them training, alongside Dasilva's brother. 

Whilst many players will currently be off on their holidays, it's a credit to them that they are working hard. 

The young players in the squad may just have the desire and determination required to put themselves at the forefront of Pearson's plans. 

A fully fit Dasilva is up there in the top bracket of Left backs in the championship. And if Bakinson can improve his stamina, to match his technical ability, he could be a stand out. 

Is Dasilva’s brother, Cole Dasilva?  Been released by Brentford.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Really hope Rennie sorts these big problems out. More important than any new signing imo.

Rennie's a physio - he fixes them when they're injured. 

What we need is someone who gets them fit, strong and robust enough not to get injured in the first place - i.e. the bloke from Exeter rugby we've been linked with. If he, or someone else in that role, does a good job then Rennie will have nothing to do and that would be a big improvement on last season. 

8 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Agree that it is good to see players working on fitness during the close season. In Jay's case he needs to be doing this work as he hardly played last season. My point being he doesn't need to rest and will need a pre-pre season. Bakinson looks to really have the potential to be an exceptional player at this level and possibly beyond. Extra fitness may accelerate this potential.

It's pretty clear NP wants a more robust, physically fit squad and he will be expecting players to return from the close season at a level of fitness he would want as a minimum. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of those expectations when they get back! 

I don't think it's necessarily unusual for players to train in off-season at their own accord. It's likely they'll be given a regimen to follow by the club, but can find their own PTs or S&C coaches to guide them. 

Equally the right amount of rest is important so hopefully that'll be factored in. 

I also wonder whether going abroad to 'train' for your profession is a loophole to enable players to visit countries that they're not supposed to be visiting at the moment.

8 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Great to hear.  Didn't Bobby Reid do lots of training with his own fitness coach in the summer?  Kidnap that bloke I reckon. 

Yeah a few years back Bobby & Joe Bryan did private sessions with a private coach/firm who's name escapes me - did wonders for them. 

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yeah a few years back Bobby & Joe Bryan did private sessions with a private coach/firm who's name escapes me - did wonders for them. 

Obviously didn't do Joe any good, he had cheese for Hamstrings when he left us...

23 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The company is called 'back 2 action'. Whilst it demonstrates a good work ethic, I don't think it's abnormal to train with a PT company in off-season. They just documented it fairly heavily online. Lots of players do this. 

12 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Great to hear.  Didn't Bobby Reid do lots of training with his own fitness coach in the summer?  Kidnap that bloke I reckon. 

Have we had a fitter player than Bobby Reid in his last year with us? Maybe Marvin Elliott. 

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I also wonder whether going abroad to 'train' for your profession is a loophole to enable players to visit countries that they're not supposed to be visiting at the moment.

Could be, also could be similar to high altitude training but hot training in Dubai. If you can run around in 40 degree heat and be fine, you'll be double good in 15 degree in Stoke.

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

10 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Have we had a fitter player than Bobby Reid in his last year with us? Maybe Marvin Elliott. 

I remember bumping into Bobby at Ashton Court mansion one summer as they had a little gym there.  Shows the dedication of both those lads.

Yes, Marvin has some engine but with Bobby it seems effortless.   He seemed to be the one the set the high press under Johnson in the last really enjoyable football I've seen us play.   He lead and with Korey hunting behind we were relentless.   Once Bobby left we didn't have the forward player capable of doing that sadly.   

That's one of the reasons I was happy enough to see Famara go.  I'd like to see a more nimble pesky front man that can do that kind of running and harrying.  A big man just isn't build for it.  

6 hours ago, Red Skin said:

That's one of the reasons I was happy enough to see Famara go.  I'd like to see a more nimble pesky front man that can do that kind of running and harrying.  A big man just isn't build for it.  

And a big man tempts our defenders to hoof the ball in his direction rather than passing or carrying the ball.

9 hours ago, Dunc said:

Would be interested in knowing what Bobby gets on yo-yo tests, think Nagy was apparently our highest scorer on it

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The company is called 'back 2 action'. Whilst it demonstrates a good work ethic, I don't think it's abnormal to train with a PT company in off-season. They just documented it fairly heavily online. Lots of players do this. 

Rayan Wilson (Ex City Youth player) founded it, and was a good mate of Bobby's so I expect that the club still work with them.

It does worry me a bit that pretty well paid professional sportsman which the modern footballer is. Does not have their own house gumption and self will and determination to be as fit as they possibly can. For the club, fans and their own sporting drive . 

Or am I living in cloud Cuckoo land 

7 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

It does worry me a bit that pretty well paid professional sportsman which the modern footballer is. Does not have their own house gumption and self will and determination to be as fit as they possibly can. For the club, fans and their own sporting drive . 

Or am I living in cloud Cuckoo land 

Isn’t that a case for every single person, irrespective of profession.  One professional plumber might be super-motivated, another might be a lazy-arse?

Archived