IGNORED

18,000 at Edgbaston - Birmingham

richyy66

Just been watchig the cricket and noticed a fairly decent sized crowd. Each day has set a capacity of 18,000. Most of the supporters are sat next to each other and look worse for wear. The ground capacity is 25,000 so unsure why Wembley for the Euros and Play Offs has such restricted attendances. Wembley Capacity is 80,000!!!!

Is there hope in the future that we are allowed three quarters of supporters at some stage. There just seems no consitency.

Wembley=90,000.

Is it a Test event do we know, Edgbaston? 18k sounds like around 72%. Something between 70-75% anyway. 

Wembley 25% for the Group Stage, and talk of 50% (though I've also seen 40k mentioned) for the knockout, probably seeing how things go in the Group Stage plus the general national picture.

The hope is for full attendance come August though away fans, who knows.

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Just been watchig the cricket and noticed a fairly decent sized crowd. Each day has set a capacity of 18,000. Most of the supporters are sat next to each other and look worse for wear. The ground capacity is 25,000 so unsure why Wembley for the Euros and Play Offs has such restricted attendances. Wembley Capacity is 80,000!!!!

Is there hope in the future that we are allowed three quarters of supporters at some stage. There just seems no consitency.

So, a suggestion, then ?

:laughcont:

24 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

What's were they actually testing?

The idea is to test the effects of reduced restrictions, greater attendence etc on transmission of the virus.

They've been allowing fans into different events with varying levels of social distancing and restrictions

13 minutes ago, jj77 said:

I'm not sure if it's tin hat time but I heard at these test events some of the spectators are introduced who have covid to see if the virus spreads amongst the people there.

Sshhhhh. 'Operation Herd' is supposed to be top secret. A black van may well arrive outside your house shortly.

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The idea is to test the effects of reduced restrictions, greater attendence etc on transmission of the virus.

They've been allowing fans into different events with varying levels of social distancing and restrictions

They were packed together like sardines what I saw and no social distancing 

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They were packed together like sardines what I saw and no social distancing 

All had top produce a negative result 24 hours before entry I believe.  They've been requested to undertake one 5 days after for research too.  I'll wager, that Edgbaston, like many outdoor events, where people are having some fun in the sun doesn't contribute to some COVID armageddon. 

10 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

All had top produce a negative result 24 hours before entry I believe.  They've been requested to undertake one 5 days after for research too.  I'll wager, that Edgbaston, like many outdoor events, where people are having some fun in the sun doesn't contribute to some COVID armageddon. 

Time will tell but it sounds like a mini Cheltenham in the making with Covid cases stating to rise again and didn't the Chelsea & Man City fans get tested before the champions league final yet had to quarantine after positive cases were recorded.

I was at Edgbaston yesterday and got stuck into the Stowford Press. Everyone had to show a negative test result from within the last 24 hours to gain entry along with their ticket. Our batting was piss poor but it was a fun day. 

18 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

You got there first. 

26 minutes ago, tin said:

I was at Edgbaston yesterday and got stuck into the Stowford Press. Everyone had to show a negative test result from within the last 24 hours to gain entry along with their ticket. Our batting was piss poor but it was a fun day. 

I’m there tomorrow… how much is a pint of stowford, and what sort of standard was the bag checking?

The only thing I didn't enjoy was seemingly the drunk football fans more than cricket fans taking over the chanting and making it constant the same 3 or 4 football songs rather than cricket chants for players etc. At least that's how it came across on the TV, constant 'its coming home', 'Southgate you're the one' etc

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Time will tell but it sounds like a mini Cheltenham in the making with Covid cases stating to rise again and didn't the Chelsea & Man City fans get tested before the champions league final yet had to quarantine after positive cases were recorded.

It really isnt

27 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m there tomorrow… how much is a pint of stowford, and what sort of standard was the bag checking?

£5.80. I'd recommend downloading the Edgbaston app before you go. We ordered our booze via the click-and-collect service on there and it was far quicker to get served. Ignore the estimated collection times on the app, you can collect 10 minutes after you order. 

You have show a text or email of your negative test first, then your ticket, followed by probably three layers of bag checks. We didn't take bags, though, and cruised straight through after the snakey queues that are identical to those after you land at Lulsgate. 

Have a good day. 

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Better lock yourself indoors for the rest of your life then. 

2 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

You will miss the football 

Well I originally had tickets to all England's group games plus SF and Final if England got there. All refunded so pretty pissed off about all of it considering I think they could easily have at least 50,000 at Wembley.

So actually quite pleased to be going to something and every man and his dog will have screen etc keeping an eye on it. 

Archived