IGNORED

Gary's Gulls

42nite

14 hours ago, Pezo said:

I was wondering if someone would bite on that with Alan Dicks, I guess the theory is that Dicks didn't get us the closest - he actually got us promoted. The statement is factually correct GJ got us the closest, once you're in it then your no longer close ?.

It's clear from this thread the vast majority remember GJ fondly enough to wish the teams that he manages well (I don't care for Aberdeen or Sunderland but I seem to wish Shrewsbury well). There are only a couple trying to rewrite history to paint GJ as either a poor or incompetent manager. 

If you’re going to be pedantic then you could say Fred Ford got City closer to the top flight in the 65-66 season. Over the Easter period, which was right at the end of the season, City played Southampton home and away. City was the best team in both matches and should have won both, but lost to a 90th minute goal in the first match and only drew 1-1 in the second match. If City had won both matches then City would have won automatic promotion instead of Southampton. City’s promotion fate with Gary Johnson was decided over one match, rather than 2 with Fred Ford, but with Fred it would have been automatic promotion. 

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

It will be interesting watching Lemonheigh-evans. We obviously thought he had something as we kept extending his contract , until finally after a number of loans we  sold him to Torquay

I’ve watched Torquay quite a lot as they’re my local team and Connor Evans always impresses me.

Talking to a couple of seasonn card holders at Plainmore, they agree and think he’s playing well below his level. Think he might be snapped up if they don’t go up.

Just now, E.G.Red said:

It will be interesting watching Lemonhaigh-evans. We kept extending his contract and then finally let him go. 

Fabulous player at 5th tier level, but not destined to play in the Championship. Correct call made, I feel. 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Awful penalty decision 

See GJ has unearthed another Bas Savage 

An unwelcome blast from the past. Now playing for a club called South Park around London.Just looked at their website. Fevs is their assistant manager. He doesn't look how I imagined him.

27 minutes ago, Calculus said:

An unwelcome blast from the past. Now playing for a club called South Park around London.Just looked at their website. Fevs is their assistant manager. He doesn't look how I imagined him.

I didn't know that. South Park are my local non-league club in Reigate about 5mins walk away. Have been before but might be tempted to go next season now!

See what you mean about Fevs ?

Archived