IGNORED

Euro 2020 Opener - Turkey vs Italy

Unan

I’m still baffled by the referee’s decision 15 minutes ago to give offside against a short corner. Surely the ref and linesman can’t be that inept at this level unless I’m completely missing one of the basic rules of football?

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

I’m still baffled by the referee’s decision 15 minutes ago to give offside against a short corner. Surely the ref and linesman can’t be that inept at this level unless I’m completely missing one of the basic rules of football?

I thought you could only be offside if the ball went forward that decision did surprise me

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Glad it's not just me who thought that....

7 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I'm not completely sure, but the receiving player was off the pitch when play started and then came on to the pitch after the ball was played. I know there are some types of rules about leaving/returning to the pitch so I'm not sure if that was the problem or not. 

13 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Couple of very poor offside decisions against Italy in open play too. 

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Can you imagine Mings and Coady handling the movement of this Italian side?

Not sure how that is relevant as neither would be likely starters?

Equally, Italy weren't up against the likes of Grealish or Foden this evening.

Still, they looked very good to me and have a top, top manager. Will go far in the tournament. 

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Italy could go all the way. Not seen an Italian side look so fluid

And relentless with it; Turkey we’re just about able to keep up first half but just chasing shadows second. Mind you, other sides won’t allow Italy to dictate the pace quite as easily as tonight. 

Archived