IGNORED

joe Morrell

Hampshire reds

36 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

strange how joe can play for wales in the euros but cant get a game for luton and before them city. mind as with alot of players johnson never gave him a chance.  good luck joe have a great tournament. 

The game seems to be passing him by at the moment, he could be very rusty I suppose. Switzerland bossing this from about 15 minutes on.

His role for Wales is tactical and about being disciplined.  Ampadu isn’t trusted to do that.  In games like today he isn’t expected to do much on the ball (although I’m sure Page would like more from everyone), he’s about facilitating others.

Today however, he’s playing right side of Allen.  I’d like to see them swap over and I think that would help Allen too.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His role for Wales is tactical and about being disciplined.  Ampadu isn’t trusted to do that.  In games like today he isn’t expected to do much on the ball (although I’m sure Page would like more from everyone), he’s about facilitating others.

Today however, he’s playing right side of Allen.  I’d like to see them swap over and I think that would help Allen too.

He’s playing much higher than Allan. Allen is definitely the deepest, then Morrell and Ramsey both seem to be operating as a 2, ahead of him. 
It’s not a role I’ve seen him play for Wales before. Morrell is usually the disciplined holding one. 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

If anyone is being bypassed by this game it’s Ramsey. Absolutely useless. 

Pretty much done at the top level I reckon. Looks unfit, unsurprisingly, and has no energy.

Wales would have been better off with Wilson or Brooks in that role imo but Ramsey gets in because of his name I guess.

So he'll score any moment now.

Just now, chinapig said:

Pretty much done at the top level I reckon. Looks unfit, unsurprisingly, and has no energy.

Wales would have been better off with Wilson or Brooks in that role imo but Ramsey gets in because of his name I guess.

So he'll score any moment now.

He’s completed 90 minutes only 3 times in 2 years at Juve 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Still bugs me we let him go. Yes I know he hasn’t ripped up trees at Luton but that could be for all manner of reasons.  Think there’s a decent player there. 

When he plays in his usual role for Wales he is disciplined, takes up good positions and plays with his head up, scanning the pitch whether in or out of possession.

All things none of the players we tried in that position last season did.

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Still bugs me we let him go. Yes I know he hasn’t ripped up trees at Luton but that could be for all manner of reasons.  Think there’s a decent player there. 

Would definitely got games for us last year, and who knows could have provided a bit of a midfield base.

Still, he's moved on so .........

NEXT !

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

When he plays in his usual role for Wales he is disciplined, takes up good positions and plays with his head up, scanning the pitch whether in or out of possession.

Exactly. And also a player with the right character as well that seems (rightly) vital to Nige. Wouldn’t say no return was ever on the cards. 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Would definitely got games for us last year, and who knows could have provided a bit of a midfield base.

Still, he's moved on so .........

NEXT !

It’s a thread about Morrell? Presume I’m allowed an opinion? 

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Spot on. I know we do need to give it up and move on but it is frustrating seeing him perform like this on the big stage having left us for peanuts. 

Going into the new season with Williams, Massengo, Morrell (and say James) as our 4 centre mid options would have been genuinely exciting giving us lot's of bases covered.

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Bit touchy seeing I agreed with you, the next was tongue in cheek BTW.

I'm a fan of his, but I guess that's a problem with posts, it depends on how you read them. 

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Bit touchy seeing I agreed with you, the next was tongue in cheek BTW.

I'm a fan of his, but I guess that's a problem with posts, it depends on how you read them. 

Not really - you ‘shouted’.  Anyway…..

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s playing much higher than Allan. Allen is definitely the deepest, then Morrell and Ramsey both seem to be operating as a 2, ahead of him. 
It’s not a role I’ve seen him play for Wales before. Morrell is usually the disciplined holding one. 

The England game he did, and he didn’t get on the ball, but him and Robert’s completely blocked England’s threat down their left (Wales right)…forced Grealish into the middle, etc.  That’s what he does, he’s a nullifyer.

Bit shocked he got an assist!!

1st half:

image.thumb.jpeg.6f2b853ea0528536ec39caa072411d89.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5ca3a590771f8a78299b19692c430d69.jpeg

2nd half:

image.thumb.jpeg.f2716a31d54889058271a52c74917c55.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c817a39bab8a502af22989e667f75543.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Average player having an average career who, if it wasn't for reward/accident of birth, would be watching International football on television.

Even an average player, having an average club career, is showing that hard work, tactical discipline, understanding of his role in the team, can have an impact at the top level.

Bummer, eh? ??‍♂️

Just now, Davefevs said:

Even an average player, having an average club career, is showing that hard work, tactical discipline, understanding of his role in the team, can have an impact at the top level.

Bummer, eh? ??‍♂️

I blame the sunshine here.

For reasons I can't fully understand, I thought this thread was about Wes Burns.

Sorry everyone.

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Exactly. And also a player with the right character as well that seems (rightly) vital to Nige. Wouldn’t say no return was ever on the cards. 

Just checked the list. you are down as being allowed an opinion on 07/06/22 and not before (sorry)

Archived