IGNORED

£42!!!!!

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

For a national league play off final ticket!! Hope we had nothing to do with them prices!!!

Of course we didn’t.

The game is being played at our ground & so presumably the FA will pay us a sum for that, but pricing of a game we aren’t involved in has absolutely nothing to do with us.

Disgraceful, indefensible from the FA. It seems that absolutely nothing has been learnt from the last year. The sooner that football finance and governance goes through root and branch reform the better. Football is a peoples' game or it is nothing - the current shower are nowhere near fit for purpose and need to go.

I would expect that the pricing was dictated by the number of tickets that could be sold given Covid restrictions.

IIRC each team receieves a maximum of 6,000 tickets meaning that <reaches for calculator> there will be 12,000 tickets sold giving revenue of £504k.

I would guess, and it's just that, the EFL (presume them rather than FA) set £500k as the anticipated gate receipts for the final when setting prize money for the play-offs and covering costs.

If a capacity crowd of 27,000 was allowed then tickets would be £19.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I would expect that the pricing was dictated by the number of tickets that could be sold given Covid restrictions.

IIRC each team receieves a maximum of 6,000 tickets meaning that <reaches for calculator> there will be 12,000 tickets sold giving revenue of £504k.

I would guess, and it's just that, the EFL (presume them rather than FA) set £500k as the anticipated gate receipts for the final when setting prize money for the play-offs and covering costs.

If a capacity crowd of 27,000 was allowed then tickets would be £19.

But would they of been ?

£50 to watch Bristol!

I appreciate its rugby, but just the general cost of tickets for all manner of events, seems way out of line to me.

I fancied going to see a band at the Academy in November but they wanted £52!

No chance.

8 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

But would they have been ?

I'm guessing but clubs will budget according to expectations of gate receipts and £250k or maybe net £200k for a play-off final doesn't sound unreasonable.

My base though is that with less seats available the prices rise to maintain the income; some pubs raised beer prices by 20% to reflect lower sales from lower cpacity under Covid rules.

Businesses need to maintain income to cover their costs; if fewer tickets are available then it is not unreasonable for them to charge more.

I'm very much not saying that it's okay or using the argument that "you don't have to pay it" because what regular supporter of either club would pass up the chance to see the play-off final for the sake of another £20?

39 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Disgraceful, indefensible from the FA. It seems that absolutely nothing has been learnt from the last year. The sooner that football finance and governance goes through root and branch reform the better. Football is a peoples' game or it is nothing - the current shower are nowhere near fit for purpose and need to go.

Careful. That sounded a bit Marxist. You'll be booed. ;)

The  Fylde V Salford City game was £41. 
The Hartlepool site says ....

Ticket prices have been set by the National League and all tickets are £41.00 (+ £1.25 booking fee per ticket) – there are no concessions available.

They have 3100 tickets for the Atyeo, South and Dolman stands. I guess Torquay get the same for the Lansdown . I know they want to make some money back, and whatever the price they will likely sell most of them, but if they don't they only have to look at the pricing to see why. Plus no concessions !!

• Admin
1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

They have 3100 tickets for the Atyeo, South and Dolman stands. I guess Torquay get the same for the Lansdown . 

Plus no concessions !!

No concessions is even worse, OK it's a final but £41 for a child is crazy.

Seems an odd way of seating, with both clubs getting sections in the same stands

Screenshot_20210614-133446_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-133406_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I realise it's been confirmed that it was the National League, but I'd have been very surprised if it had been the EFL as it's not a competition under their governance.  The win will take the victors into EFL governance, but it was very much a National League match.

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Extortionate. In Hartlepool that's a 3 bed semi detached

I had a young lad at work doing some training with me last year and he was outraged that his rent on his 3 bed detached near the coast between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough had gone up to £235 per month!
He calmed down when I told him the price my daughter was paying for a 2 bed in Stroud was over 600.

12 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm guessing but clubs will budget according to expectations of gate receipts and £250k or maybe net £200k for a play-off final doesn't sound unreasonable.

My base though is that with less seats available the prices rise to maintain the income; some pubs raised beer prices by 20% to reflect lower sales from lower cpacity under Covid rules.

Businesses need to maintain income to cover their costs; if fewer tickets are available then it is not unreasonable for them to charge more.

I'm very much not saying that it's okay or using the argument that "you don't have to pay it" because what regular supporter of either club would pass up the chance to see the play-off final for the sake of another £20?

Money before people again 

Archived