IGNORED

£42!!!!!

BCFC1512

I’m surprised everyone is outraged by this price. Is it because of the level of football? It’s supply and demand, for what is a true fan’s “match of a lifetime” , not a regulation league game. And remember, the supply is hugely reduced by the restricted capacity. Many can afford this and I know Torquay fans who are desperate to go. 

Out of interest, I wonder what the Championship play off final tickets cost? What would we be “happy” to pay if City got to Wembley? I’m guessing £60-70?

16 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I’m surprised everyone is outraged by this price. Is it because of the level of football? It’s supply and demand, for what is a true fan’s “match of a lifetime” , not a regulation league game. And remember, the supply is hugely reduced by the restricted capacity. Many can afford this and I know Torquay fans who are desperate to go. 

Out of interest, I wonder what the Championship play off final tickets cost? What would we be “happy” to pay if City got to Wembley? I’m guessing £60-70?

Agree with this to a certain degree, I don't think £41  for an adult ticket is that expensive for a final but £41 for a child ticket certainly is expensive.

25 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Is it really a match of a lifetime to play at AG?! Both these sides have played in higher divisions against us and Hartlepool have played a much bigger game at AG than this. Its a big game but think that's a bit of ott.

Wembley for a Championship play-off final game is a much much bigger game at a much 'better' stadium and I would think £60 is OK.

I think £25-30 feels about right for this. And for kids it should be about a tenner. But as you say the restricted capacity thing plays a big part in them charging these sort of prices disappointingly.

23 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Is it really a match of a lifetime to play at AG?! Both these sides have played in higher divisions against us and Hartlepool have played a much bigger game at AG than this. Its a big game but think that's a bit of ott.

Wembley for a Championship play-off final game is a much much bigger game at a much 'better' stadium and I would think £60 is OK.

I think £25-30 feels about right for this. And for kids it should be about a tenner. But as you say the restricted capacity thing plays a big part in them charging these sort of prices disappointingly.

That’s why I put “match of a lifetime” in quotes. I’m sure you’d agree that getting promoted is a huge deal for any true fan, even if you’ve been in a higher league before. Think back to how you felt when we got promoted back to the Championship - or how you felt when we were in a play off final in Cardiff. The tier you are in, or the actual stadium, really doesn’t affect how you feel about the game that much. And non league fans aren’t necessarily poorer than EPL fans, even if the clubs are smaller.

*To answer my own question - Brentford play off tickets ranged from £45-65, but there were concession prices.

5 hours ago, Leveller said:

Last time, 2008, I paid £100. As I was living in France and didn’t have any priority I got in early for one of the nice middle tier seats, had tickets booked the day after the semi final win, before most city fans had theirs. 
I would deffo do that again

Slightly off topic, but Stockport gave all their ST holders free entry into their semi final match. Sadly for them they lost but that money saved would have made the ticket cost of the final easier to swallow.

I guess they can’t offer concessions as one adult could bring 3 children/OAP’s and if everyone did that then the cost of putting on the match isn’t viable with such a reduced capacity.

Would I pay it for a 5 year old, no. But I would also question whether it would be best for a young child to be travelling the distance from Hartlepool either. Granted Torquay fans don’t have quite that to consider.

Two different friends of mine are going to the Torquay game. 

Random ticket allocation - one in the upper Lansdown Row 11 and the other in the third row from the front of the Aryeo behind the goal.

Both paid £41 plus a booking fee!

Outrageous!!!

Money grabbing by the National League!

On 15/06/2021 at 11:12, weepywall said:

Agree with this to a certain degree, I don't think £41  for an adult ticket is that expensive for a final but £41 for a child ticket certainly is expensive.

But it's not really a case of that, with limitations on capacity. 

It's £41 per seat, who you choose to take to occupy that seat is up to you. 

It makes perfect sense when there are limited numbers allowed in. 

There usually are concessions, but there aren't usually capacity limitations. 

£41 for a ticket to any live event isn't really very much in this day and age. 

I think alot of people are living in the past and being unrealistic with ther price expectations. 

Archived