IGNORED

Ben Brereton

Not linked with him sorry!

One of the more peculiar international debuts I think.... born in Stoke, came through the Forest academy and now playing for Blackburn, made his debut tonight for Chile. Qualifies through his Chilean mother. Also now goes by the name of Brereton Diaz!

Came off the bench tonight vs Argentina in a 1-1 draw.

3 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

I signed him for City in a hugely successful couple of seasons on PES master league two years back. Helped take us to a Premier league title and a Champions League semi final.

He must be good then

5 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

I signed him for City in a hugely successful couple of seasons on PES master league two years back. Helped take us to a Premier league title and a Champions League semi final.

Bit of a cult following for gamers. I did the same a few years back on fifa. Young tall quick striker, snapped up as early as possible. 

5 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Great signing, had him as a back up to Martinelli in City's first champions league final in 2024

Gotta love the realism ?

9 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not linked with him sorry!

One of the more peculiar international debuts I think.... born in Stoke, came through the Forest academy and now playing for Blackburn, made his debut tonight for Chile. Qualifies through his Chilean mother. Also now goes by the name of Brereton Diaz!

Came off the bench tonight vs Argentina in a 1-1 draw.

The Brereton Diaz thing is less unusual than it sounds. A mate of mine is Colombian and follows English naming customs in England and Colombian naming customs when he is in Colombia. I assume Chile follows the same custom of using the father's surname followed by mother's surname so Brereton Diaz would be the standard thing to call him there. 

9 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

The Brereton Diaz thing is less unusual than it sounds. A mate of mine is Colombian and follows English naming customs in England and Colombian naming customs when he is in Colombia. I assume Chile follows the same custom of using the father's surname followed by mother's surname so Brereton Diaz would be the standard thing to call him there. 

Fair enough, I probably could have found that out with a bit of research. Just looked very strange

Archived