IGNORED

Weimann signs three year deal

westonred

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Great news, I'm sure that extra year was a big game changer. It does feel like a new signing, rather than a contract renewal.

There's probably not many clubs giving out 3 year contracts, particularly to a 29 year old, coming off a bad injury.

It shows how much we wanted to keep him. Onwards and upwards onto the next signing now.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

He went into the new season with Bobby and Diedhiou up front, deciding against bringing in a new number 10 as he thought Bobby could do what he was looking for. Hardly luck!

BR hasn't been replaced, I feel like we need that

• The title was changed to Weimann signs three year deal

Imo he would be best used in a 433, with Semenyo, Weimann, Wells as the three in those positions.

Or 4231 with him as the 1.

Not a fan of him playing wide midfield. Doesn't have the correct movement for me in that position. Often blocks himself out of a pass instead of choosing the correct angle or run.

His energy and eye for goal as well as a decent header of the ball would be good centrally up front. Him and Semenyo good for a high press too...would like to see Wells have more urgency doing that.

Hopefully with Famara gone...the body language and energy up front will rub off on the rest of the team.

34 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Great news, I'm sure that extra year was a big game changer. It does feel like a new signing, rather than a contract renewal.

There's probably not many clubs giving out 3 year contracts, particularly to a 29 year old, coming off a bad injury.

It shows how much we wanted to keep him. Onwards and upwards onto the next signing now.

Would guess the 3rd year covers the salary decrease.

I am not anti him but I am amazed how a year out injured has made him into our best/most important player in so many peoples eyes. Yes his energy levels are great but for me he has more average games than he does good. He isn't a winger, he isn't a striker and he isn't a Cm. For me if he has taken a pay cut and he will be a bit part utility player great if not I think we should be looking for better 

53 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Here's some more energy and movement from the Weimar era......

https://www.facebook.com/mubi/videos/247218126720428 

Always thought he struggled more at the East(an front) End!

Damn predictive tiepin. :) 

28 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Very pleased with this news. A huge miss last season. If there was any doubt what he can do then let us remind ourselves.

This was only my second ever away day, me and my dad reminisce on this game at least monthly. Great news! 

Archived