IGNORED

Weimann signs three year deal

westonred

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I wonder if this fella might play up with, or just off Wells. Would bring much needed movement to the front line.

435023641_Screenshot2021-06-15at12_48_10.png.dca4e21404989d50d79be2370ea0fcb8.png

Agreed, him and Wells up front will give us a “cutting” edge against the physical defences we play against. Andi Weimanns work rate and presence was sorely missed last season. Pleased with this, like a new signing.

52 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Happy with that.

Did I imagine it or wasn't it Andi that has another little one on the way? This is him settled for a good while in the West country then. Drinking gold = adopted Bristolian IMHO.

Yes he does - something was posted on here a few weeks ago (taken from Instagram I think).

I suppose the only question for me after today is whether Weimann's signing will be counted by NP as one of his five signings?

You could argue that AW could be played by NP in either the Centre midfield or Forward areas.

It's entirely likely now, that maybe AW is THE forward signing of this transfer window. If so, more money for the Centre backs, Midfielders then perhaps?

Just a small minutes sample snapshot of what Weimann brings.

4DF657E6-4C01-4C5A-B57D-DBCDBA79C4F7.thumb.jpeg.ff0afe1652108142c8f56069451cf2a3.jpeg

Pic 1: top left - lots of runs, high energy….we can see why NP wants him.

top right: dribbles and commits opponents into fouling him. Often in last third.

C48F9711-AC97-4374-BE41-8DE14ACFBC8C.thumb.jpeg.1b4563e790b0fb5536e86b5124a47563.jpeg

pic 2: - although often criticised for ball being bit of a hot potato, he tries more creative passes than most at above average success rate.  Admittedly there have some bad passes which are unforgettable. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

4DF657E6-4C01-4C5A-B57D-DBCDBA79C4F7.thumb.jpeg.ff0afe1652108142c8f56069451cf2a3.jpeg

top right: dribbles and commits opponents into fouling him. Often in last third.

C48F9711-AC97-4374-BE41-8DE14ACFBC8C.thumb.jpeg.1b4563e790b0fb5536e86b5124a47563.jpeg

pic 2: - although often criticised for ball being bit of a hot potato, he tries more creative passes than most at above average success rate.  Admittedly there have some bad passes which are unforgettable. 

Thanks @Davefevs those are really useful; and demonstrate how much we missed him last season.

You can now tell why NP was so keen on keeping him, even giving him a three year deal in the process. The vast majority of transfers this summer is of course for only two years. We've had to frame the extra year to minimise the pay reduction, but it's still a large commitment.

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Thanks @Davefevs those are really useful; and demonstrate how much we missed him last season.

You can now tell why NP was so keen on keeping him, even giving him a three year deal in the process. The vast majority of transfers this summer is of course for only two years. We've had to frame the extra year to minimise the pay reduction, but it's still a large commitment.

And fight off Stoke who allegedly offered him 2 years too…possibly with more wages.  There’s a good chance Stoke might be under some form of embargo and therefore limited to £600 p.a / £11.5k p.w.

So 3 years at say £10k p.w. might be better for him, etc, etc.

Very pleased with this. At the time he got injured there was already talk that we were outperforming xG stats etc.  We were also a few key players down injury wise IIRC. I thought at the time he was the one player we could ill afford to lose. Him and pato, who at the time was on good form, were the two bridging defence and midfield with attack.

If he’s signed as a striker we need 15 goals plus, a winger then needs to get loads of crosses in, ‘bloke in the hole’ plenty assists and the glue between a prolific striker (which we haven’t got) and midfield.  

Still not quite sure what he is.

That worries me. A lot. 

Anyhow, everyone else is celebrating, so great news. Going to be massive for us, I’m sure. 

3 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I suppose the only question for me after today is whether Weimann's signing will be counted by NP as one of his five signings?

You could argue that AW could be played by NP in either the Centre midfield or Forward areas.

It's entirely likely now, that maybe AW is THE forward signing of this transfer window. If so, more money for the Centre backs, Midfielders then perhaps?

Nope. Nigel made it clear he wanted someone who ‘ puts the ball in the net’ AW ain’t him

4 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

No. 

It was 5 signings, and hopefully the re-signings of Weimann and Simpson. If they didn't re-sign, it would be 7 needed.

Then he didn't rule out adding a few loans if the right players came about.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I honestly think we will see a fitter Andi weimann this season and he will produce to what we know he can he's high energy but his movement is second to none.

Don't think we've seen the best of him yet even under Johnson and Holden.

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I know footballers need to understand the financial impact of the pandemic but it reflects well on him that he has been prepared to accept what I believe was significantly reduced terms (that I’m sure Stoke bettered) to sign this deal.

With Simpson signing too, that further explains Pearson’s comment about needing 5 players.

To be fair I’d want more to have to live in Stoke. 

5 minutes ago, Street red said:

I honestly think we will see a fitter Andi weimann this season and he will produce to what we know he can he's high energy but his movement is second to none.

Don't think we've seen the best of him yet even under Johnson and Holden.

I wouldn’t say his movement is ‘ second to none’ , no question he works hard but I think a lot of what he does is wasted.

Lets hope, for all concerned, that he is totally over his ACL. I assume that the club offering him a 3 year deal means that they are comfortable with that.

7 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I wouldn’t say his movement is ‘ second to none’ , no question he works hard but I think a lot of what he does is wasted.

Lets hope, for all concerned, that he is totally over his ACL. I assume that the club offering him a 3 year deal means that they are comfortable with that.

It’s a concern certainly, but maybe worth the gamble given the lower wages?

16 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Think his medical answered that question.. The players now will be under more stringent fitness tests diets training etc 

9 hours ago, OneCity said:

Very pleased with this news. A huge miss last season. If there was any doubt what he can do then let us remind ourselves.

This away day will live long in the memory. Right up there with the best I’ve been to ?

Brilliant to see AW commit to another three years......

Archived