IGNORED

Weimann signs three year deal

westonred

7 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Agreed, him and Wells up front will give us a “cutting” edge against the physical defences we play against. Andi Weimanns work rate and presence was sorely missed last season. Pleased with this, like a new signing.

I can see scope for us- certainly last season in the 3-5-2 perhaps more so, but can see scope for a bit of mixing and matching tbh.

Some games Weimann and Wells- they combined nicely at Middlesbrough in Holden's caretaker stint in Summer 2020, a notable example of it. Weimann heavy press, Martin as a pivot to play off and Semenyo good to have in and around it, some games could have Weimann wide right- NOT winger, thinking more wide right forward, Semenyo wide right left similar and Martin or Wells in the middle depending on form, fitness, oppositon etc.

Not that I want us to chop and change but to have a couple of alternative setups could be useful.

It is indeed good news. 
I think 2 seasons ago he had a record number of perfectly good goals disallowed for offside - more than 5 I think. 
LJ received an official apology from the referee after our defeat to Villa I seem to remember. 
He was simply too fast for the officials. 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

It is indeed good news. 
I think 2 seasons ago he had a record number of perfectly good goals disallowed for offside - more than 5 I think. 
LJ received an official apology from the referee after our defeat to Villa I seem to remember. 
He was simply too fast for the officials. 

At bare minimum, I make it 3- away to Derby just before Christmas, Nottingham Forest in January and Aston Villa during the run-in.

There was also one vs Swansea and cannot remember the 5th but less controversy IIRC over these? Remember the Swansea one especially.

In that Aston Villa game, we also fell foul of an absolute shocker of a penalty decision- I was angrier about that than the goal I think, in real time. This was 0-0 and broke the game open, wrecking our gameplan away from home which got a lot of success over a couple of years but Weimann's goal also was 0-0, first half. Either way to have both go against you is appalling.

Let's not forget the straight red at home to Derby a week or 2 on as well...Semenyo! Yet IIRC Huddlestone got away with similar.

I digress though, back on the matter at hand 3 at best, wrongly disallowed goals for offside.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At bare minimum, I make it 3- away to Derby just before Christmas, Nottingham Forest in January and Aston Villa during the run-in.

There was also one vs Swansea and cannot remember the 5th but less controversy IIRC over these? Remember the Swansea one especially.

In that Aston Villa game, we also fell foul of an absolute shocker of a penalty decision- I was angrier about that than the goal I think, in real time. This was 0-0 and broke the game open, wrecking our gameplan away from home which got a lot of success over a couple of years but Weimann's goal also was 0-0, first half. Either way to have both go against you is appalling.

Let's not forget the straight red at home to Derby a week or 2 on as well...Semenyo! Yet IIRC Huddlestone got away with similar.

I digress though, back on the matter at hand 3 at best, wrongly disallowed goals for offside.

And then their penalty later on of I'm thinking of the same game, where their player catches the ball and throws themselves to the ground.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I can see scope for us- certainly last season in the 3-5-2 perhaps more so, but can see scope for a bit of mixing and matching tbh.

Some games Weimann and Wells- they combined nicely at Middlesbrough in Holden's caretaker stint in Summer 2020, a notable example of it. Weimann heavy press, Martin as a pivot to play off and Semenyo good to have in and around it, some games could have Weimann wide right- NOT winger, thinking more wide right forward, Semenyo wide right left similar and Martin or Wells in the middle depending on form, fitness, oppositon etc.

Not that I want us to chop and change but to have a couple of alternative setups could be useful.

Unless you want to be dragged into a relegation battle then forget Semenyo as a regular starter..

Cameo's only & if we recruit well that's all it will be...if that.

Talk of a premier League move for him have dissolved otherwise I'd take the money & run.

18 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He went into the new season with Bobby and Diedhiou up front, deciding against bringing in a new number 10 as he thought Bobby could do what he was looking for. Hardly luck!

Absolute rubbish...

He was left short of options & was spinning the tombola as per usual...

A lucky hit & as regards Lee an act of desperation - certainly NOT the work of a master tactician....and let's not get into Lee's lack of nouse as being a major reason for being shown the door..

Archived