IGNORED

Bristol City to get promoted or England win the Euros?

Sturny

Although I'd say City in the end (providing it was promotion to the premier league) it's not quite as clear cut for me. Imagining what an England tournament win could do to unite what is so often such a miserable little country makes the decision a little harder.

Interesting question..

I think, all things considered, I might go for England as it stands right now. That's because I can't see our squad being competitive at the top end of the table next season and so we'd be highly unprepared for the Prem. I think we'd be better suited to aim for promotion over the next 2/3 seasons rather than next year.

Also, I feel the country needs a lift. It's been a miserable 18 months of deaths, cancelled events, uncertainty and change. England winning a major football tournament would be an enormous boost to the whole country. 

Yep - I'm saying England to win.

We're just promoted? So no guaranteed trophy, possibly second place, or play-offs. No guarantee of survival in the following season? Potentially taking one moment of ecstasy in return for a season of 5-0 thumpings?

Personally it's a harder choice for me. 

City get the chance to be promoted every season... England go to the Euros once every 4 years* (if they qualify). Just that difference on rarity makes me lean toward England winning the Euros. 

I've seen City win a trophy at Wembley, I've seen us promoted from L1 to the Champ...but I've never seen England win anything other than La Tournoi.

If I truly had the genie's lamp in my hand then I guess ultimately I might go City promoted...but I think I'd regret it forever.

*I am aware of both the current messed up schedule and the world cup.

I’d be more pleased to see City lift a JPT than to see England lift a World Cup. Club conquers country IMO. I do really want England to succeed and am thoroughly enjoying the euros, but it’s not as important as City.

For the bulk of my 40 year existence I’d would have vehemently picked club over country.

However as Father Time marches on, I’m beginning to think I may never see England win a thing.

Success for England is beginning to be a thing for me.

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Make it more interesting...

England win the Euro's, or Gas relegated to non-league (again)?

No one is going to choose England over City getting promoted.

You were saying........

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

England all day long for me.  

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

For the bulk of my 40 year existence I’d would have vehemently picked club over country.

However as Father Time marches on, I’m beginning to think I may never see England win a thing.

Success for England is beginning to be a thing for me.

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting question..

I think, all things considered, I might go for England as it stands right now. That's because I can't see our squad being competitive at the top end of the table next season and so we'd be highly unprepared for the Prem. I think we'd be better suited to aim for promotion over the next 2/3 seasons rather than next year.

Also, I feel the country needs a lift. It's been a miserable 18 months of deaths, cancelled events, uncertainty and change. England winning a major football tournament would be an enormous boost to the whole country. 

Yep - I'm saying England to win.

1 hour ago, Bristolisredd said:

England 

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You were saying........

My answer was regards England or Gas going down. Just for clarity.  Rather City won the league than England won the Euros. World Cup would be a tricky one mind! 

Archived